I think I'll be buying this soon...a few questions if you don't mind
I've hardwired a dash cam into a car before so know the basics (no BDP, but just a two pole switch for batt and acc!)
1. If I'm connecting a dashcam which has motion detection with buffering (street guardian SGZC12RC) but no "parking mode", do I need to connect the ACC wire? (the camera will constantly be in motion detection mode)
2. I'll be installing it in a BMW. I've seen it mentioned that fuse taps may throw an error code, so should I wire it straight into the battery? What about the ACC (ignition switched) wire? (if needed)
3. If I set BOTH 6 hours and 12.2v, it will turn the dash cam off after 6 hours, regardless of the battery voltage?
4. I can plug in a splitter and use two dash cams?
5. Assuming both the battery and ACC wires are connected, what is the purpose of ACC mode (when the button is pressed)?
1) If you never plan to hit the button that switches from ACC to BAT wire, no you don't have to hook it up. I'd just hook BOTH wires to the BAT. (and then never hit the button)
2) BMW's are tricky if you pick the wrong source, could result in a computer error from detected load changes. I don't have an exact work around for you, so would be happy to learn what you find out works
3) It will record until which ever event comes first. (timer will be the last the turn it off if voltage remains high)
5) If it's dead of winter and you want to be 100% sure zero current is being used on a special occasion you can hit the button to turn back tin driving only mode. You'll rarely hit the button if other. There might be other reasons you want to temporarily switch to driving only mode. (privacy/etc)
after 2 years of faithful service, my panoBDP is acting up. it won't change from ACC mode (red LED) to CONSTANT mode (blue LED). I did try to switch modes after starting the engine as instructed but when it does switch to CONSTANT mode it will only blink blue for about 5 seconds and then will go back to red LEDs. i'll trouble-shoot some more at lunch but has anyone else dealt with this?
I have wanted to re-do all my wiring at some point and this may force my hand to do it this weekend. if it still acts up then i'll consider a vico power but $60 isn't cheap especially when the multi safer was working so trouble free all this time. hopefully it's just something simple like a stuck button. fingers crossed.