Enhancing Video quality

Slimster

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.

I have recently installed an 0805 into my BMW. All works fine. However I'm wondering if there is any way to make an improvement to the quality of the picture? It isn't too bad, but I was hoping it might be possible to tweak the balance settings a bit?

- Focus appears correct, the camera is focused on vehicles 1-2 car lengths in front
- Resolution is set at 2580x1080p 30fps 21:9 (I think I got that right)
- Quality = superfine

I find the image quality falls off sharply when there is no direct sunlight, so basically 'in shadow'. Also at nighttime it is very hard to read other car's plates when they are coming towards me as the headlights 'blind' the camera.

Any suggestions?

The settings you've used are the best, cameras always work best when there is plenty of light available, there will always be some motion blur in dark conditions or at high speed.

Headlights shouldn't blind the camera, can you post up a few frame grabs of when you think it could be better so that we can see... (Save current frame in Registrator Viewer to get good quality.)

If you are seeing halos around headlights then it indicates that something isn't clean - lens | windscreen | air.

Thanks Nigel. I guess its not actually blinding, just the front of cars approaching are a wall of bright light and you can't see the plate. I will try to grab a frame and post it, I suspect I'm seeing normal behaviour - the rest of the frame is normal.

Back