Enjoying Snowy Mount Carmel Scenic Byway at Dusk [60fps]

hanstj

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Insta360 One R 1-Inch Edition, Sony HDR-PJ540
Finishing up my day 1 journey right before the sky turned completely dark. There is another incident of bad driving in this video :D

Do love those POP numbers for those small towns, i think 3 digit numbers would do just fine for me.

Nice as usioal, and the dusk part at the end is just a nice twist, i am sure with the right timing on a road going in the right direction it would be extra cool.

Do love those POP numbers for those small towns, i think 3 digit numbers would do just fine for me.

Nice as usioal, and the dusk part at the end is just a nice twist, i am sure with the right timing on a road going in the right direction it would be extra cool.

Dusk really gives adds an extra "personality" to a video.

Speaking of POP, I am reminded again of Springdale (shown in my episode 5). Maybe that is the town I will retire in one day (long in the future :)) Beautiful little town. Much more beautiful than any of the town I passed on this episode 7 video.

Filming at sunset might be stupid in the canyon areas, but in a little more open area it might be cool having surroundings lit up by the setting sun.
But i assume that will take a lot of additional planning on your part.

Though we are only 5.5 mill here there is areas i go around if i can, for instance our capitol Copenhagen, 2 days there and i long to go home.
And the rural areas of Denmark is getting more and more depopulated as ppl move into the larger towns, I just wish i could move out there, but sadly there is little chance of finding a job out there, and i am done with driving 1 - 2 houres to get to and from work.

@kamkar 1,
Which part of Denmark are you? I like Denmark after Sweden. Copenhagen is beautiful and so are the rural areas on outskirts. Company I used to work for in S.E. Asia were agents for Grundfos pumps and I had been to their factory in Sickleborg (sp). A long time ago though.

Im in a town caller Randers, about 30 Km north of our second largest town Aarhus, in what i call the mainland ( Jutland )

Silkeborg is a large town by our standarts, but its a damm nice area its in, i wouldent mind living within 10 - 20 km of Silkeborg.

Silkeborg is allso about 30 km from Aarhus, you just have to point yourself to the west and start walking/driving.

I have lived all my life in Aarhus, on the west side of town, then got a house 11 Km to the west and lived there for 12 years or so, and the last 4 years i have been living here in Randers.
Am planning on moving south again, but the apartments in rural areas dont come up often, at least not the small ones i can afford as a single person.

Last edited:
Silkeborg. That's it. Very nice place. Friendly people, IIRC they have some industries nearby. Tuborg brewery too. Under city parking.

Filming at sunset might be stupid in the canyon areas, but in a little more open area it might be cool having surroundings lit up by the setting sun.

I have some recordings from sunset inside Palo Duro Canyon this past weekend. One clip in particular I can't wait to review - going down the canyon entry road. It's so steep that you have to keep the automatic transmission all the way down in L (1st) and then STILL have to use the brakes to manage your speed.

So far the sunrise video is the only one I've put together, mostly because it was easy to find and easy to edit. I'm not planning to make a series like @hanstj but I do intend to make several videos from my recent road trip - videos inspired by @hanstj's videos.

I just wish I'd have remembered to put the A118C back into the car for our unplanned side trip to St. Elmo, CO. the CF-100 was there, but because of parking mode, it didn't save anything from St. Elmo. plus, the A118 mount is prominently visible in the upper right of all CF-100 videos in our road trip. :/

But i assume that will take a lot of additional planning on your part.

Though we are only 5.5 mill here there is areas i go around if i can, for instance our capitol Copenhagen, 2 days there and i long to go home.
And the rural areas of Denmark is getting more and more depopulated as ppl move into the larger towns, I just wish i could move out there, but sadly there is little chance of finding a job out there, and i am done with driving 1 - 2 houres to get to and from work.

Actually not only sunset, even daytime (especially winter) filming can be tricky in areas with very tall canyon walls. Winter daylight casts longer shadows, and that can cause uneven exposure on the video and sometimes make the surrounding look dark. You can see that problem in my previous "Zion Canyon Scenic Drive" video.

I would say I was so blessed with a cloudy sky when filming my episode 6 (the drive through Zion National Park), because it provided me with a very even lighting for the WHOLE canyon, and practically no shadows at all. I am personally very pleased with that that particular video.

But I agree with you that open areas give you a much safer bet for beautiful dusk or dawn video.

I have some recordings from sunset inside Palo Duro Canyon this past weekend. One clip in particular I can't wait to review - going down the canyon entry road. It's so steep that you have to keep the automatic transmission all the way down in L (1st) and then STILL have to use the brakes to manage your speed.

So far the sunrise video is the only one I've put together, mostly because it was easy to find and easy to edit. I'm not planning to make a series like @hanstj but I do intend to make several videos from my recent road trip - videos inspired by @hanstj's videos.

I just wish I'd have remembered to put the A118C back into the car for our unplanned side trip to St. Elmo, CO. the CF-100 was there, but because of parking mode, it didn't save anything from St. Elmo. plus, the A118 mount is prominently visible in the upper right of all CF-100 videos in our road trip. :/

Looking forward for your videos!

Dont really have those problems here, i think to qualify for a mountain here it have to be + 100 M tall and the MAX here is a measly 170 M

In +100 M i think we might have 15-20 dents in the landscape :rolleyes:

Dont really have those problems here, i think to qualify for a mountain here it have to be + 100 M tall and the MAX here is a measly 170 M

sounds like where I live in Houston. most of the rise/fall in the landscape is man-made and covered in concrete. Have to drive a few hours to find some hills (or the gulf of mexico), or an entire day to find real mountains.

I think there is a saying here that you are never more then a 1 hour drive from the sea/beach, but that sea never get as nice and toasty as the gulf of mexico.

Knew i girl who was au pair in Pensacola for a year, her pics looked better than here even at the hight of the best summer.

U guys have a string of cities down there well worth a visit :)

I remember, bicycle country and mountain of 150 M. Come Spring you'll have beautiful floral and vegetation.

hehe yeah if you are into pushing pedals, and maybe cool down at night visiting micro breweries then we are a optimal solution.
Just make sure to time visit around june / july to maximise the chance for seeing the Danish summer when it is best.
Just give me a call if you need a guide or to borrow a car, just dont expect me to be much help on the island where Copenhagen is, i normally run avay screaming after a short time over there.

Back