Erratic Park Mode Recording - Thinkware F770

Marcy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi, was wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same problem as I have with the Thinkware F770 park mode setting. My front and rear dash cams were professionally hard-wired into a 1994 Toyota Hilux. The dash cams were specifically bought for park mode which I need to record for about 12 hours over night. I set the dash cam in the motion detect setting (64GB SD card) but found that it recorded so erratically maybe starting to record as soon as the ignition is switched off and then recording for a few hours before stopping. Or it might start recording several hours after the ignition has been switched off and then continue for a couple of hours or more. I returned the front dash cam to the supplier and received a new one two weeks ago. Same problem. I parked at 5.00pm last night and even though the voice recording said "parking recording will now start" after I switched the ignition off, the parking recording only started seven and half hours later! The installer checked the wiring yesterday and gave it the thumbs up. I have been informed that my battery is fine. Voltage cut-out is set at 11.8. I was wondering whether it was possible for two new dash cams to be lemons. Anyone else have this problem?

Remember that in the Parking Mode, the F770 only records when it detects motion (or an event/shock if you have that enabled).

To test the F770, park your vehicle and turn off the ignition. Wait for the "Entering Parking Mode" prompt. Then walk in front of the vehicle and the F770 should record that motion.

You can review if it recorded using WIFI and an Android/Apple device to verify that this happened (or pull the SD Card and review on a computer).

Please report back the results.

RodeoGeorge

Remember that in the Parking Mode, the F770 only records when it detects motion (or an event/shock if you have that enabled).

To test the F770, park your vehicle and turn off the ignition. Wait for the "Entering Parking Mode" prompt. Then walk in front of the vehicle and the F770 should record that motion.

You can review if it recorded using WIFI and an Android/Apple device to verify that this happened (or pull the SD Card and review on a computer).

Please report back the results.

RodeoGeorge

Thanks RodeoGeorge. I am really puzzled as I park in a car park in a space closest to my building's entrance which not only has frequent pedestrian traffic at the front and rear of my vehicle but also other cars entering and exiting the car park behind my vehicle at all hours so motion detection should definitely be recording in park mode during the hours my vehicle has been parked. To give you an example, I parked at 1.18pm yesterday afternoon. When I checked for motion detect incidents on my smartphone at around 11.32am this morning the only recording that showed up was from 11.00am this morning (32 minutes earlier). So why the motion detection recording has not shown any incidents since 1.18pm yesterday to 11.00am this morning is definitely not right. However, I took your suggestion and walked around my vehicle with the dash cam in the motion detection setting and both front and rear cameras recorded that. Am completely at a loss. But your input has been helpful.

The only thing that comes to mind is that the F770 is overwriting recordings. With a 64GB Card, I don't know exactly how many hours you should retain before they are overwritten, but at the least 4 hours.

Some things to look at and try:
Set the Memory Card Partition to "C". This will give you more than the 5% in the default "A" setting.
Reformat the SD Card in the F770.

Are you viewing the recordings over WIFI? If so, you might pull the card and see what files have been recorded.

RodeoGeorge

The only thing that comes to mind is that the F770 is overwriting recordings. With a 64GB Card, I don't know exactly how many hours you should retain before they are overwritten, but at the least 4 hours.

Some things to look at and try:
Set the Memory Card Partition to "C". This will give you more than the 5% in the default "A" setting.
Reformat the SD Card in the F770.

Are you viewing the recordings over WIFI? If so, you might pull the card and see what files have been recorded.

RodeoGeorge

Thanks for your suggestions. The Memory Card Partition is set to "C" and I check recordings on Wifi on my smart phone. I think you your observation that the recordings are being overwritten could be right. Parked at 2.42pm yesterday and checked the recordings at 11.30am this morning and the dash cam only showed recordings from 8.56am this morning until 11.30am when I started the ignition. Will speak to the Thinkware distributor tomorrow as this is really something he needs to resolve. Appreciate the time and trouble you have taken to respond to my issue. Thank you.

With a 64GB Card, I don't know exactly how many hours you should retain before they are overwritten, but at the least 4 hours.
According to a Dutch dealer: 248 minutes (Front+Rear 1080P @ 30fps)
So that's just over 4 hours.

According to a Dutch dealer: 248 minutes (Front+Rear 1080P @ 30fps)
So that's just over 4 hours.
Thanks, that's very helpful. Have been struggling to get an answer about that from the supplier, so good on you.

Back