Error 0xc00d36c4

Nuuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
I have recently been getting an error 0xc00d36c4 on the last file listed on my SD card. It is not the last file recorded but the last one listed (due to the time and date function not working on my Git 2). All the other files plays as normal.

I have tried using VLC player instead of Windows Media player but it makes no difference so I am guessing that the file is corrupt. I have tested the card and it shows no errors so I am guessing that it is the camera. But why just the last listed file? An

Update - I have just tried converting the file to another format (avi) but the converter could not open the file either so it looks like it is a corrupted file.

Thinking about this issue some more, the corrupted file appears to be the second file that is recorded to the card, I have had the card a year now, and only had this issue the last two weeks.

Also noticed - since upgrading to the latest firmware, the Git 2 only records 20 minutes at a time instead of 29 previously.

Maybe you should run a test tool on the card. Just to make sure that the card will not destroy any important or irrecoverable moments.

I have run the card through h2test and found no errors. Is there anything better that you would suggest? I have ordered a new card as well.

You could try another tool, there are lots of them available. Only to be sure. When you don't see any issues, then it could have been just a hiccup.

I've got that freezing back again now, and reinstalling the firmware doesn't appear to get rid of it this time. It's only two years old but it looks like it is time for replacement. :-(

I will try and other card tester though.

Normally corrupted files can be recovered by playback it in the camera. Or you can send it to me to check.

Thanks, if I get another one I will send t to you. I always playback from the camera.

I have looked around for other card testers but most only seem to check that the card is not 'fake', and is the capacity that it is meant to be. h2testw appears to be best of them, at least as far as I can see.

OK, I got another of the unplayable files yesterday. Again it was the last file listed in the 'Movies' directory although not the last video taken. The clip can be downloaded from

That link is valid for seven days.

I also noticed that several of the files were not the full 20 minutes length. The camera seems to stop recording at random times although that could be card related of course.

I have tried a new card today but still get one file that is not playable. That is one file out of 14. I am guessing that this is a software issue, but then why wouldn't it be fixed after upgrading the firmware?

Same memory card model, or a different one?

A different one. A new one that I have put through h2testw twice. So same error on both cards.

Normally corrupted files can be recovered by playback it in the camera. Or you can send it to me to check.

Did you have a look at the corrupted file?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Git2 1
L Git2 12
P Git2 12
S Git2 20
Back