Error 2

Witchcraftz

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My dashcam is a LK7950 and for the last few weeks I keep getting "error 2".

I have tried reformatting both SD and microSD cards with the Lukas software. I have tried using new SD cards. It keeps giving me the "Error 2" and then cycles.

Possible cause, last month I updated to the new firmware? Worked fine for a few weeks though.

I tried looking an updated firmware but there isn't one.

Anyone have ideas as I am very frustrated with the paperweight on my windshield right now?

Hey,

Could you try unplugging your rear view cable?
I am unsure at the moment what error 2 describes at this moment.
Let me know if the error persist after unplugging the rear view cable.

Hi, it says error 2 is related to writing to the SD card.

I'll try unplugging the rear camera though and let you know if it changes anything.

Error 2 is SD writing problem, had the same thing happen to me once before when I went several weeks without formatting the card. I tried a format thru Lukas Viewer and but still had the same issue. I fixed it by formatting the card while in the camera and never had it occur again.

I now format with the card in the camera on a regular basis, when I fill up my gas tank, I cuss at the prices and then I format.

Error 2 is SD writing problem, had the same thing happen to me once before when I went several weeks without formatting the card. I tried a format thru Lukas Viewer and but still had the same issue. I fixed it by formatting the card while in the camera and never had it occur again.
I now format with the card in the camera on a regular basis, when I fill up my gas tank, I cuss at the prices and then I format.

Yup Daleg is absolute cureert!
If the rear camera option doesn't help. See if you are able to try Dalegs advice with formatting the memory card in the camera.
How old are your memory cards?
Keep me updated.

Unplugging the rear camera worked! My memory cards came with the dashcam about 6 months ago.

Is this some kind of known bug or does this mean my rear camera is defective?

I suspected the rear camera only because the constant looping you described sounds like a rear camera problem.

This is the first 7950 rear camera failure I have encountered. So its hard to say.

Can you try formatting your memory cards in your camera, and then try using the rear camera again?

Also this problem can be caused by the rear camera cable. The only way to test if its the cable is to try booting the camera with the rear cable plugged into the main camera, but not the rear camera.

I was going to up date but my car was broken into and the dashcam stolen. looks like the problem was the cable or the software.

I starting having Error2 problems after I had a CB installed in my Jeep. I unplugged then replugged the mini USB cable back into the rear camera and the problem was gone. Haven't had any Error2 errors in a week.

My issue with "error 2" is that it only occurs when I insert the mini-USB plug into the rear camera port of the main unit. I've used different cables and the same result. I've even tried it without having the rear camera attached and still get "error2" message.

Last edited:
I haven't yet gotten an 'Err 2' in the week I've had my 7950-G / 'B' Type but I have gotten at least 2 'Chk' errors displayed. (See manual p. 14). FWIW, I haven't reformatted in response to this particular incident(s) yet it still seems to continue to record and log videos - although I haven't actually taken the time to check and watch each and every complete 3-min video as a follow-up to check for skips, blips, hangs, or missing videos in general. (Not that many hours in the day). Have you noticed likewise results? Just hoping this helps.

Hi all, my LK-7950 WD (approx 1.5 years old) has started throwing up Error 2 as well and gets stuck in a boot loop. Resolved only by removing the USB plug at the front camera. Unplugging at the rear camera unplugged makes no difference, so it would appear that the cable is faulty. Given how much work it took to install the USB cable, I'm not too keen on having to replace it!

Inserting a different USB cable into the front camera doesn't cause Error 2, but I haven't managed to test connecting the rear and front cameras together with a different cable as I don't have another mini-USB to mini-USB cable.

Thanks to this thread I at least have a functioning front camera!

Video here: https://youtu.be/RruKfwOUS8g

Back