Error When Using USBDirect

richardkhill

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My 0806 suddenly stopped working, and is displaying just the Red LED. A quick search has suggested using USBDirect to reset the firmware.

Unfortunately, I keep getting a 'Fail' message & my cam is still un-responsive. Can anyone help?
DirectUSB.png

Have you tried to hold power-on button for about 15-20sec ?

Yeah. The red LED just comes on or goes out. Nothing else happens.

Have you actually flashed the .elf file?

frazzeld - I went back and double checked everything and found the *.elf file, which installed successfully. However, when I rebooted the camera, I got the three chimes & splash screen but then the screen went blank and a loud static type noise came from the speaker. Then nothing.

I repeated the USBDirect install, but still got the same results. Is this now pointing to a hardware failure?
Direct USB.png

Now try install a firmware via the micro sd

Tried to install a firmware via the micro sd, but kept getting the same problem; splash screen, three chimes, then blank screen with static from the speaker & the unit completely un-responsive. I tried from both sd slots but the result was always the same. :(

please remove the microSD card before power on. seems a card crash.

"I got the three chimes & splash screen but then the screen went blank and a loud static type noise came from the speaker. Then nothing"

can I have more details? best to be a short video

Back