Event at 3AM with nothing on video

nworker

Reaction score
Country
United States
What would cause an event at 3 AM where my truck is parked in my garage. Both front and rear video are total darkness. If there was motion, my garage door light would see it and turn on. Just curious as I have never had that before.

If the motion detector on your garage light is a typical one, it doesn't measure "motion", it measures heat (passive infrared). The camera's motion detection is more of the "compare two frames and see if they're different" variety. That's over-simplifying a wee bit, but the key is that it's very possible for the camera to detect "motion" that the light doesn't, and vice-versa.
One question though is whether the camera recorded an actual "Event" file, which implies the G-sensor went above threshold and thinks there was an "impact", or did you just get a normal Parking file, which is based on detected motion?
Either way, it's not especially unusual for the camera to record "something" where it isn't obvious what the trigger was.

It was an event not a parking event. It said there was impact which means the G-sensor moved some how. No sounds either. Strange.

It was a ghost who didn't like your offering of Halloween candy come back to torment you :ROFLMAO: Probably just a glitch in the electronics, could have been anything from an in-cam anomaly to EMI from a phone or CB user in the area to even the EMP of a lightning strike or nearby static discharge. If only occasional, don't worry about it- crazy things happen sometimes.

But I like my first explanation better (and your candy wasn't as good as your neighbors so name-brand candy only next Halloween, OK?) :giggle:

Phil

Oh. We always have good candy. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DashOto BlackVue Other 4
Back