Event Markings DR6502-2ch

ChaseRMc

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have two different scenarios where the recordings get marked as an event. One is when I start driving it doesn't seem to come out of parking mode fast enough and ends up marking the initial drive as an event. Is this normal or are there better settings to prevent from this happening.

The other scenario is that when I hit a reflector on the freeway or just a bigger bump on the road the recording gets marked as an event. I have a Mercedes AMG so the ride is more rough than a regular sedan. As a result I have turned the g-sensor setting in the normal drive down to 2 on the side to side and front and back and I have turn the up and down to 0. It has made it better but did I just turn off the sensing capability for the up and down g-sensor? Are there any recommended settings that help these situations or are the default settings the best and should I just deal with more event markings than normal?

I updated the firmware to the latest but it hasn't made a difference for these two issues. Thanks in advance.

Put recording on to time instead of the % and turn the sensitivity down to about 25% also turn off the beep for events and you wont notice them. It will eventually record over them despite the maker saying it wont. You only need to worry if it is significant and then you would take the card out as soon as convenient to check it. If nothing happens I simply let it be and dont worry about not much.

The "Event" when you start driving after Parking Mode, is probably you pulling the door shut. My cam usually doesn't start "Normal Recording" until probably half/three quarters a mile.

Put recording on to time instead of the % and turn the sensitivity down to about 25% also turn off the beep for events and you wont notice them. It will eventually record over them despite the maker saying it wont. You only need to worry if it is significant and then you would take the card out as soon as convenient to check it. If nothing happens I simply let it be and dont worry about not much.

Thanks Hillbilly. I will try that. It's not really a big deal, just a little irritating because I have the video's set to record normal drive at 3 mins and events at 1 min so it adds some 1 min videos in there. If something happen I would pull the card and find it anyway. I appreciate it.

The "Event" when you start driving after Parking Mode, is probably you pulling the door shut. My cam usually doesn't start "Normal Recording" until probably half/three quarters a mile.

Yep that's exactly what it is. Mine does the same thing where the normal mode starts a half mile down the road. It has gotten better since I messed with the normal settings some, but still does it from time to time.

Back