Every minute it records

ivantwilliams

Reaction score
Country
United States
In my review of my recordings today (first full day of use), I noticed that the device seems to record every minute, and places it in the 'unsaved' directory.
This is due to a setting I have set on the Garmin 55, no?

Are you using the setting of 1 minute, or longer?
I am also guessing having a longer time limit, will make the files larger, too, no?

Ideas...

1_minute.png

Sorry, yes, you're right.
I am more interested in the time limit of the recordings. It happens every minute, probably due to a setting on the Garmin, no?

unsaved sound like normal recordings, saved would be event files

I think 3 minutes are the most used segment size people use, its what i use myself too, most dashcams give you the option to select 1 - 3 - 5 and 10 minutes.
For some strange reason Garmin have said its 1 minute, and give you no chance to change that.

Yes longer segment size = larger files, my 3 minute files are + 300 MB in size, also on this bitrate also have a say, on some cameras you can choose image quality, i always use the highest setting, thats all that count to me, and i often wish there was a super high setting.

The many files dont really matter much, you can just drop like 87 of them into any editing software to export as one large file, and if you want to playback say 10 consecutive files on the computer just highlight them with the mouse and then select play, and the player will play them one after the other.

Yes 1 minute is all that uncle Garmin gives us. Normal file (directory) structure is:

100EVENT event triggered recordings
101PHOTO photos (when you say "Take a picture")
102SAVED saved recordings (when you press the bottom button)
103PARKM parked mode recordings (always 1080p)
104TLPSE time lapse recordings
105UNSVD normal driving videos

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
amasokin Dash Cam 55 14
Billy888 Dash Cam 55 5
Back