Experienced Cloud issues since day 1 now more problems.

Kippax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased and fitted a 750-2CH LTE in 2021 along with the hardwiring kit Power Magic Pro with the dip-switches set to 12.0v and INF.

It has recently developed a problem where the camera doesn't switch on until I have been driving for 30 minutes.

Also despite having an activated SIM it has uploaded nothing to the cloud in all the time I have had it. It is using V3.28 and is connecting to the cloud.

This is BlackVue's response -

"Whilst it is correct that the camera will move to parking mode based upon the motion of your vehicle the Power Magic Pro must be switched manually between "0" when you are driving and "1" when you need to use parking mode when the ignition is off.

As you are continually leaving the Power Magic Pro in parking mode it will not function correctly when you are driving. If you switch the Power Magic to 0 and start the car your camera will power immediately.

With regards to the cloud do you have anything stored under the "Live Event Upload" tab? The cloud tab on the app is only for files that you have manually selected to be uploaded. The "Live Event Upload" tab is where event files will be automatically uploaded to but this will depend on the settings you have chosen for your camera. Can you advise, once the camera has said "Cloud Connected" if you go into the "Connect to Cloud" option on the app does the car icon to the left of your camera name appear on a blue background?"

So it doesn't switch between Parking and Driving mode automatically, neither does it uploaded files via the SIM automatically.

REALLY ?

So what does the hardwiring kit and SIM card actually do then ?

So if my car is stolen, then I lose the proof of the theft if they simply remove the dashcam ?

I'm kind of surprised no one offered to help you... on the other hand I've seen this often with Blackvue cameras. There is nowhere near the amount of help here on this forum compared to Viofo.

Anyway, were you able to get the Power Magic Pro and Cloud figured out?

If you define events going to the cloud (impact, motion, etc), those events will automatically get uploaded to the Cloud as long as you have an LTE sim card inserted. But you need to define what events you want uploaded.

Btw, where Blackvue excels compared to many companies (Thinkware, Viofo) is when you call in to Blackvue/Korea. You'll get someone right away and they are very helpful. Keep us posted.

Undertook some investigations with a multimeter over the weekend and while I couldn't find any specific fault, by the time I put everything back in place the power appear to be sorted.
Possibly a loose connection or some reset issue with the PMP that requires ignition on/off.

As for the cloud problems. I have the events selected and the cloud connection is confirmed by the main camera, nothing is uploading.

Blackvue have ghosted on me.

This unit will be staying in the car when I sell it and I won't be purchasing another Blackvue camera for my next vehicle or recommending it to others.

I believe your unit is fairly new. There's no way I'd let Blackvue ghost me for the price of their cams! Of course everyone's different...

Last edited:
Don't worry ... Spent last weekend sorting out the hardwire kit.

Hopefully will look at the dash cam this weekend and launch into Blackvue if required.

Back