Exploring Virgin River Gorge

Good videos. Though I'd change teh music for something without any vocals (but that's just my personal preference) ;-)

just... wow. i want to go home and watch this on the big-screen, in slow-motion (closer to normal speed). i wonder if the youtube app for roku has slow-mo like the web player does. if not this will be worth hooking up the laptop via hdmi.

weird how in some of the gorge walls there were so many oval shaped pockets, perhaps caves... water does weird things, given enough time and differing rock compositions/densities.

and if anyone needed any proof of the theory of plate tectonics, the angles here ought to be enough.

Good videos. Though I'd change teh music for something without any vocals (but that's just my personal preference) ;-)

I was thinking about that too. Music choice is always a tricky one for me :)

just... wow. i want to go home and watch this on the big-screen, in slow-motion (closer to normal speed). i wonder if the youtube app for roku has slow-mo like the web player does. if not this will be worth hooking up the laptop via hdmi.

weird how in some of the gorge walls there were so many oval shaped pockets, perhaps caves... water does weird things, given enough time and differing rock compositions/densities.

and if anyone needed any proof of the theory of plate tectonics, the angles here ought to be enough.

YouTube does have a speed control. You have to use its HTML5 player, instead of flash though.

When driving within the gorge, the video speed was about 3.5x. So, if you set YouTube speed to half, it should be close enough to normal speed and the frame rate is still high enough to watch a smooth-looking video.

I was thinking about that too. Music choice is always a tricky one for me :)
and it's made even more complicated by youtube's copyright nazis, aka the MAFIAA.

YouTube does have a speed control. You have to use its HTML5 player, instead of flash though.
yes, i've used the speed control before, which is why i specified "web player" above, meaning browser. i only use chrome, so html5 video has been the default for a while now. i was talking about the youtube app on the roku, which is a set top box to put internet content like netflix, amazon, pandora, hulu, etc on your tv/stereo without needing a pc. even if the roku app doesnt do slowmo, my work laptop has an hdmi port so hooking up to the tv is easy.

and it's made even more complicated by youtube's copyright nazis, aka the MAFIAA.

yes, i've used the speed control before, which is why i specified "web player" above, meaning browser. i only use chrome, so html5 video has been the default for a while now. i was talking about the youtube app on the roku, which is a set top box to put internet content like netflix, amazon, pandora, hulu, etc on your tv/stereo without needing a pc. even if the roku app doesnt do slowmo, my work laptop has an hdmi port so hooking up to the tv is easy.

Ah! My bad... Desperately needed an afternoon nap earlier :p

And yea, YouTube's copyright police can be quite unpredictable. What I still cannot understand is, if we use their songs, ads will be displayed on our videos. That means they are still getting their ads revenues, while we get nothing at all. So, why would they block some of their videos?

Ah! My bad... Desperately needed an afternoon nap earlier :p

And yea, YouTube's copyright police can be quite unpredictable. What I still cannot understand is, if we use their songs, ads will be displayed on our videos. That means they are still getting their ads revenues, while we get nothing at all. So, why would they block some of their videos?
It gives you some options for Free Songs.

Sweet :)

Do not think we got a single "watch for rocks" sign here, the changes in altitude along this canyon pretty much outgun all we have in our entire country.

Done this one myself a few times.
Very nice/scenic drive.

It gives you some options for Free Songs.

So far, I have never found a free song that I like. Who knows, maybe better luck next time..

Sweet :)

Do not think we got a single "watch for rocks" sign here, the changes in altitude along this canyon pretty much outgun all we have in our entire country.

What about Greenland? :p

They rule them self, we just provide them with a little money to do so :D they along with the Faroe islands each have 2 representative in our parlement
I have a sneaky feeling they would have been better of if they had allied with Norway witch is a extremely rich country ( north sea oil & gas )

But yeah it is a nice spot up there, i had the pleasure of working up there a couple of times,but you will not find many miles of roads outside of town there.
I assume Greenland is like Alaska but with even less roads.

They rule them self, we just provide them with a little money to do so :D they along with the Faroe islands each have 2 representative in our parlement
I have a sneaky feeling they would have been better of if they had allied with Norway witch is a extremely rich country ( north sea oil & gas )

But yeah it is a nice spot up there, i had the pleasure of working up there a couple of times,but you will not find many miles of roads outside of town there.
I assume Greenland is like Alaska but with even less roads.

So, Faroe Islands belong to Denmark too. I have been trying to find out about it but always forgot :p

Back