Exporting small segments from recorded Mobius files?

germany

Reaction score
Country
Germany
I'm recording 5 minute videos with my Mobius. File size is about 600 megabyte. I just want to trim small sequences for a few seconds and export them. To archive it and put them together a few month later.

Can someone recommend me export settings where I'm not loosing much of the quality and a file format and codec who are good to import and continue editing? Because I'm using Sony Vegas pro 12.

My Mobius video settings ettings are:
  • Codec: HD H.264/AVC1
  • File format: *.mov
  • Frame rate: 30p
  • Resolution 1080p

Try Sony Tablet 1080p profile (MainConcept AVC/AAC). The default settings are: MP4, AAC, Variable Bit Rate: Max 18 kbps/ Average 12 kbps, Slices 4
The rendering doesn't take too much time either (on Intel 2410M).

Also on your project settings, by default, the parameter "Full-Resolution rendering quality" is by default "Good". You can change it to "Best" if you need better results (for me "Good" it's enough). The same parameter can be changed in rendering "Custom Settings"->"Project" tab. By default it's "Use Project Settings".

Otherwise install Lagarith Lossless Codec and you'll get huge uncompressed files (I find it useful only for some specific tasks)

Last edited:
Thanks for the recommendation, but I thought the MP4 codec is more like a codec for a final file and not so good to make further editing.

but I thought the MP4 codec is more like a codec for a final file and not so good to make further editing
Then, the cheapest way is to use something like RegistratorViewer and cut the part you'll need for future use.
Another solution, Avidemux (with Video Output-Copy, Audio Output-Copy and Output Format-MP4 muxer, for example). The process was almost instantly.

Last edited:
RegistratorViewer seems nice I never heard of it before. I just went on their website and this tool is exactly offering what I'm looking for! I will try it tomorrow many thanks @Mandami.

I tried it now and it's realy amazing. I never thought that there is such an easy way to do this!

I just gave them a little donation

I use Free Video Cutter. It's much simpler than the Registrator Viewer (why do you need maps, GPS info and all those other functions when all you want is to cut parts of a video file?) and it allows you to cut the segments down to the millisecond by inputting directly the start/end times instead having to move a cursor with the rather inaccurate mouse. Ok, it doesn't play the videos but I don't find it necessary.

Back