Exposure with CPL Filter and Time Lapse Recording?

vikas027

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Dash Cam
Viofo A119 V3
Hello,

I have set up my new dashcam following these two videos.

But still, I am not sure what should I set for these two options
  • Time Lapse Recording
  • Exposure (with CPL Filter)
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Vikas

Time lapse recording are one of the parking mode options, i would personally use the low bitrate constant recording option.
I have not tweaked exposure settings though i do use CPL filters.

I pretty much run with the stock values on dashcams, only things i look at / change are :

Bitrate / image quality, i want this to be as good as possible.
I then set my time zone to +1 for Denmark ( +2 with summer time )
I want my file length to me 3 minutes.
I put in camera model number as plate stamp.
LCD screen i set to go out as fast as possible, unless its a new camera i have gotten to test in which case i want LCD on always for a while to test the camera as hot as possible.
Resolution in the case of the V3 i would set to 1440p

When i get to try parking mode ( don't have that option yet ) i will use a 12.2 V low voltage cut off, and for the parking mode i will use low bitrate always recording, maybe with a cut off timer as i only need parking guard while shopping, so 1 hour timer shut off will be fine.
I have CCTV on my car at home, and most places i visit, and it is rare i go elsewhere out on the town where i would like parking mode, not least for a longer period so no need to put too much strain on car battery and so i would use a shut off timer if it was a option.

Thanks again. This helps, I will do a test drive tomorrow. :)

Always play around and see what you like best, if you get in too deep the dashcams have a reset to default option in the menus so you can start over.
But in general don't make too many changes at once, make a alteration drive for a few days to get some footage in using that under different scenarios, have a look at the footage on the computer and see what you like, maybe go back maybe try more change.

Most dashcams you have to work really hard to get them to a setting where the footage are completely useless, and as far as i know there are no chance of you changing something so it will not record as it should.
Though with summer on the approach in AU your options should be confined to night and warm and daytime and warm like hell.

Back