External Cameras Are Not Recognized on Int Port

dashcam_no_worky

Reaction score
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I am in the process of setting up my A139 now.

I am inside, 70°F air temp, no direct sunlight, so the camera unit is not overheating.

Both the rear and interior camera module work, using both supplied cables, on the Rear port, but neither works with either cable on the Int port.

Is this a known issue with a simple fix or did I just get unlucky and need to do an exchange with Amazon?

EDIT: I have also done several factory resets both resetting through the app and the reset button on the main unit without any change.

Model: A139
FW: V1.6 2022_0106

Last edited:
I am in the process of setting up my A139 now.

I am inside, 70°F air temp, no direct sunlight, so the camera unit is not overheating.

Both the rear and interior camera module work, using both supplied cables, on the Rear port, but neither works with either cable on the Int port.

Is this a known issue with a simple fix or did I just get unlucky and need to do an exchange with Amazon?

Model: A139
FW: V1.6 2022_0106
The interior camera can be manually disabled. Are you sure you didn’t accidentally turn it off?
I would go into the settings and manually default the camera to factory settings and test again.

Sorry, I should have included that in my initial post. I had already reset the camera several times to no avail. Resetting again today and still getting only two channel recording.

You should hear and feel a small 'click' when seating these cables. Some need a somewhat firm push to seat correctly. They should not pull out easily once inserted, you should feel a 'click' in removal; If you have that then the cables should be seated properly. If the cables pull out easily there's probably a defective cable socket involved. Seems this is all that's left for attempting a user-solution; you've tried the rest.

Phil

@SawMaster I appreciate it. I'm well familiar with MMCX Coax connectors, it's not a connector problem, at least not in the physical connections between the cameras and cables.

I've already requested a replacement through Amazon. when it gets delivered today I might cross-test all cables, camera modules, and main units to see if I can further nail down the issue—I suspect there is either a loose connection or broken trace inside related to the Int port on the Front Camera unit I received, but without opening up the unit I couldn't say for sure.

In any event I'm just chalking it up to a bad unit and will move on with my replacement.

Side note, I posted a near identical post on the Viofo Community at the same time I posted here, that post has been removed for some reason... Weird.

Back