External Mic Mod

awesome video!
If next update for xiaomi yi won't add anything for audio i ll do it to :)
Please do a video from xiaomi yi with external mic plugged ;)

4 microphone comparison with the Yi external mic mod - two of them are terrible, but that's not the Yi's fault.

Awesome DIY you did with Xiaoyi!
What do you think would it be possible to make a switch that gives you an option to switch between internal and external microphone, or that's too much parts in the camera?

Thanks!

Awesome DIY you did with Xiaoyi!
What do you think would it be possible to make a switch that gives you an option to switch between internal and external microphone, or that's too much parts in the camera?

Thanks!
I don't think I could make it all fit. Space is at a premium inside the case. I also used the existing mic opening in the case to route the cable, but it might be possible. I would simply make a very short cable mic (shorten if needed) to use the "on camera" mic. It would be an improvement over the factory mic anyway.

Just a quick follow up, I'm loving this mod. I cut a channel in the waterproof (no longer) case I have to allow the mic extension through. Despite this small opening, I've ridden in moderate rain several times with no issue. Should I need some truly waterproof action, I think I'll buy another.

Back