External mic(s) not working

Nuuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
I came back home the other day and found a lot of wind noise on my recordings. It turned out that the external mic was not recording so the mic in the camera was. I tried my other external mic, but that is doing the same thing, ie not being recognised by the Git 2 so the internal mic is active instead. Is there a fix for this? Surely both external mics can't have gone wrong at the same time

drygdryg

Reaction score
Country
Germany
What mics did you use, and how did you connect them to the cam?

OP
N

Nuuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
The packaging says that they are Gitup brand , model GP-MCO-001. I just plug them in.

drygdryg

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Obviously nobody (including me) had an idea.
Could you fix it in the meantime?

OP
N

Nuuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
No, neither of the Gitup mics will work. But I have another mic here with a USB plug that does work. I am not sure of the make or model number of that one. I wonder if something in the updated firmware has changed to affect the mic input. I couod do with some input from Gitup.

OP
N

Nuuk

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Git Pro 2
I have found one mic that will work but not all the time.

Yesterday I went out and the mic recorded fine until the the first clip ended and the new one began. When that happened the mic disconnected and the internal mic kicked in. This was without me removing the external mic plug, or it coming lose.

So come on Gitup - this is clearly a software issue. How about some suggestions as to how to fix it please?

drygdryg

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Really hard to guess. If it would have been only one mic, then I would have guessed it was a cable break. But two mics with similar strange behaviour at the same time, ermm...