Extremely overexposed

lwj0012

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all,
The footage of my A119s is extremely overexposed during the day. I have recently flashed the custom firmware (26s)and then go back to the default firmware (v4.0.3). What can I do? Any idea?
Btw, is there any advice on the settings? like should I keep the WDR on or off?

Thanks.

perhaps post a screenshot so others know what you're dealing with
yeah, I know, but currently, the camera is in my apartment... I can get the screenshot at night...lol

Move the lens upper, you must not have the dashboard on camera image.

Move the lens upper, you must not have the dashboard on camera image.
yep, I have reviewed the footage and found out the dashboard is included in the camera's view...
Thanks.

yep, I have reviewed the footage and found out the dashboard is included in the camera's view...
Thanks.
I would say you have too much dash in your picture. That with your dark color car may be causing the camera to compensate and overexpose the image. Adjust the lens up a few clicks. Aim for about 60% dash/hood/road and 40% sky. You look to have about 25% sky.

I would say you have too much dash in your picture. That with your dark color car may be causing the camera to compensate and overexpose the image. Adjust the lens up a few clicks. Aim for about 60% dash/hood/road and 40% sky. You look to have about 25% sky.
Thanks. I will try it tomorrow

Once you get all you can with camera aim, adjust the exposure settings and test day and night. I'm sure you'll find it working very well with a bit of effort ;)

Phil

The percentage of the sky amonut in the image depends on the car construction, more precisely depends of the windscreen inclination and the amount of the car front hood captured on the image. You must set the lens to capture maximum of the car exterior and the minimum of the car interior/exterior.
For your car I think that the best image you can have is to set the bottom of the image captured where is the redline on this screenshot:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 08.32.36.png
    Screenshot 2019-01-16 at 08.32.36.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 52
I have adjusted the angle of the lens, the result is much satisfied. Thanks all.
The new screenshot is here.

The percentage of the sky amonut in the image depends on the car construction, more precisely depends of the windscreen inclination and the amount of the car front hood captured on the image. You must set the lens to capture maximum of the car exterior and the minimum of the car interior/exterior.
For your car I think that the best image you can have is to set the bottom of the image captured where is the redline on this screenshot:
I am afraid to move the lens too high would result in unable to focus correctly...

I am afraid to move the lens too high would result in unable to focus correctly...
Nothing to do with the focus, but moving like I told you, the entire image will be better exposed.

I use a 50/50 split at the horizon, and i don't care if skies are a little overexposed, it is what is on the road that have my interest in dashcam footage,

I use a 50/50 split at the horizon, and i don't care if skies are a little overexposed, it is what is on the road that have my interest in dashcam footage,
sure, but sometimes when the sky is overexposed, it means the plate would also be overexposed which is hard to recognize the plate number.

sure, but sometimes when the sky is overexposed, it means the plate would also be overexposed which is hard to recognize the plate number.

You need to understand how the expanometer works.

Back