F-770 firmware upgrade failed

It appears that there are some software issues with my Thinkware F770 (bought in 2017) - it's taking forever (20-30 min) to establish GPS connection, to download video clips, no live view from my smart phone etc.

I am wondering if a an update of its firmware may fix these issues. I know that sometimes updating its firmware may brick it.

Has anyone successfully update the firmware of F770?

I would try resetting first (if you haven't) before trying to update. The probability of bricking is pretty high.

Last edited:
I got a message in the middle of my firmware upgrade that the upgrade failed. It seems that the unit then turned off, and now will not turn back on. Am I now just stuck with an expensive window decoration? I have tried using the Reset button on the side with no success to get it to turn back on.
Same problem here.. except that mine never said that it was updating. Now it's turned into a brick. Some of the other comments suggest that some people then succeeded in updating the firmware by using a different sd card. I have tried that as well, but with no luck as the unit won't even turn on to recognise the sd card. Does anyone have any ideas??

I have the same problem with my F770. It bricked after I started firmware upgrade to 1.00.08. I bought it from blackboxmycar, I contacted blackboxmycar to see what can be done to unbrick it, and they asked me to email cs01@mondosystem.com. I did but I didn't hear anything back after 3 days. It is strange that it is not a thinkware support email address. I purchased a F770, F50, and a F800Pro from blackboxmycar. Now I have a F770 door stop...

Back