F1 and external microphone

I can confirm the external mic from the Gitup website works, the identical looking mic labeled as Gopro compatible (manufactured by Telecin) can be had from Amazon for half the price and works the same., i modded mine by cutting into the mini usb plug and soldered on a 5 volt +/- usb supply to auto record in Dashcam mode, worked a treat.

Don't know if there's one but F1 could definitely use higer gain on built in one. Maybe a setting in the menu?

I can confirm the external mic from the Gitup website works, the identical looking mic labeled as Gopro compatible (manufactured by Telecin) can be had from Amazon for half the price and works the same., i modded mine by cutting into the mini usb plug and soldered on a 5 volt +/- usb supply to auto record in Dashcam mode, worked a treat.

Could you show us how that cable looks like after your surgery please?

@gitup : Can the external microphone from GitUp website be used while charging (dashcam mode)??? They're selling for 10bucs now.

Last edited:
Nobody???

I have the mike, and it works great, but how about a Y-cable or mini usb splitter to charge the camera while recording with ext mic???

Anyone tried that??

Back