Country
China
Dash Cam
GIT1, GIT2
New V1.1 firmware:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1u0FEi8WuuE0FU14IodauPkK_SOswYbUg

1. Added: Wi-Fi P2P Connection mode
2. Added: Dash Cam mode under Ext Pwr option
3. Added: Support more interval options for long exposure photo time lapse.
4. Improved: Support High / Low Beep sound
5. Improved: Optimize memory card format in camera, better support different kinds of Micro-SD cards.
6. Improved: Support DNG for time lapse while interval more than 5s
7. Changed: Switch mode and shutter button for date/time setting
8. Changed: Move the ISO option close to the shutter option in photo settings

I see nowhere instructions how to update firmware?This is my first GitUp camera so I want be sure that it will be done correctly.
Is video ISO settings finally added? Hopefully video ISO can be up to 6400 or so for better low light video.

I see nowhere instructions how to update firmware?This is my first GitUp camera so I want be sure that it will be done correctly.
Is video ISO settings finally added? Hopefully video ISO can be up to 6400 or so for better low light video.
Put the file in the root folder of the SD memory card, turn the camera on, wait 2 minutes.

Video ISO is not in the list above!

Seems the new quiet beep option is incompatible with the on|off slider in the App - need to use the in camera menu to set it. It does make a nice beep for when you don't want to annoy every within 100m!

Put the file in the root folder of the SD memory card, turn the camera on, wait 2 minutes.

Video ISO is not in the list above!

Seems the new quiet beep option is incompatible with the on|off slider in the App - need to use the in camera menu to set it. It does make a nice beep for when you don't want to annoy every within 100m!

Ok,Thanks! I have an empty 16Gb card which I will format so it will be completely empty and download firmware to it inserting it to F1.
Hopefully GitUp will add manual video ISO settings soon.

Looks like firmware update went well when I tried it!

It would be nice to see clock and date on F1 screen and of course the manual video ISO settings added next updates.

Haven´t used zoom function yet but cannot it be used while recording video to zoom?

I don't think you even need an empty card to update the firmware - just put the file on the card, turn on the camera and wait.
EDIT - This is probably not best practice. Better to use a blank card.

Last edited:
I don't think you even need an empty card to update the firmware - just put the file on the card, turn on the camera and wait.

I accidentally did that once and got bricked Eken H9. After that I have been trying to be sure to use an empty extra card. Don´t know if GitUp is different in that sense but many others recommend to use empty cards to update firmware.

I accidentally did that once and got bricked Eken H9. After that I have been trying to be sure to use an empty extra card. Don´t know if GitUp is different in that sense but many others recommend to use empty cards to update firmware.
OK, fair point. Maybe I just got lucky.

Not need empty card.
After upgraded, wait for the camera to restart and check the version.

Checked with Ambarella before, they don't have plan to add ISO for video yet.

Reactions: Mtz
Looks good. I'm not sure though how to use Wi-Fi P2P (Android)?

Looks good. I'm not sure though how to use Wi-Fi P2P (Android)?
In future APP, GitUp app will support P2P mode.
Currently it is added by customer who developed their own APP.

In future APP, GitUp app will support P2P mode.
Currently it is added by customer who developed their own APP.
Oh, OK. No wonder I could not get it working.

Can the quick start recording be made quicker to start recording from off? It now takes several seconds until it starts recording after using quick start and in actioncam use it feels fairly slow resulting missed action.

Can the quick start recording be made quicker to start recording from off? It now takes several seconds until it starts recording after using quick start and in actioncam use it feels fairly slow resulting missed action.
Just compared with Hero4 for quick recording, it is even a little faster then Hero4.

One option is that if quick recording could record some 3-5 second loop when on so when pressing quick record button one won`t miss fast action footage and those seconds would show added to your normal recorded video. Many times things happen so fast and you miss many crucial seconds because you cannot record all the time as have to save battery and SD card space is limited. F1 records fairly good video already so I´m using it practically daily but battery and card space limitations are always there with these small cams.

Do you mean loop for 5 seconds in quick recording?
May I know how do you use with F1, for what kind of action?

Do you mean loop for 5 seconds in quick recording?
May I know how do you use with F1, for what kind of action?

I meant that F1 would be constantly recording like 5 second loop so it captures those seconds what happens before one pushes quick start record button.
This way you will get to record those fast to happen action seconds before you will have time to start the normal recording by pushing the quick start recording button.
So if your camera is on it records 5 second loop and when you actually push the recording button it starts to record normally +adding those 5 looped second to your normal recorded video.
This would make F1 faster capturing action cam which captures more of those many times lost seconds when you see something happening but don`t have enough time to react and start normal recording.
Like when you are watching some long sports happening and cannot record all the time and something important suddenly happens you are normally too late when your recording starts to capture what just happened.
If you have a 5 second looping option and something happens you will get those 5 seconds recorded on a top of your normal recording and won`t miss the best parts.
This kind of loop would only be captured permanently to the SD card if you start the normal recording. Otherwise it just loops and replaces those 5 seconds all over again. Normal 1,3,5,10 minute looping recording function would stay as they are and would only be replaced when the card gets full.

you could save some memory space, you won't save any significant amount of battery though, it's still doing 99% of the same job as when you're recording

you could save some memory space, you won't save any significant amount of battery though, it's still doing 99% of the same job as when you're recording

Yes but if you go to some event which will last several hours and cannot know when the best action happens it will be very difficult to record all those hours.
And getting enough card space for several hours of good quality recording is not easy nor cheap.And then finding and editing all those hours what to keep.
Easier to change the battery or use a power bank to charge when needed and be ready to capture fast when something happens.

Back