https://image.ibb.co/e7v1eU/Sharp-4-K-5.jpg
Preview 4K:
Sharp-4-K-1.jpg
Sharp-4-K-2.jpg
Sharp-4-K-3.jpg
Sharp-4-K-4.jpg
Sharp-4-K-5.jpg

Last edited:
GitUp F1 v1.2 (20180107) MOD#1.6 Sharpness TEST 1080p.
Link to the original video in the description of the video.

Reactions: Mtz
I think its beginning to look really cool. but the lower resolutions are a bit hard to judge wit this distance to the "target"

I've been watching this camera for a long time but have been waiting for update that includes motion detection before jumping on it. I saw in the past they said they are waiting for the chip to release a new firmware before they update again, and that the chip and sensor are capable of motion detection. Not sure if the plans have changed since then.

Have they said anything recently on if this is still a planned feature? Its been a year since the camera has been released so I'm not sure how likely they are to release a feature like that at this point.

My understanding is that GitUp have to wait a long time for Ambarella to implement new features in the chipset. So there are probably a few things being worked on that GitUp and then the customers need to be patient for.

My understanding is that GitUp have to wait a long time for Ambarella to implement new features in the chipset. So there are probably a few things being worked on that GitUp and then the customers need to be patient for.

Thank you. I guess these things take a lot more time than I expected. I'm from an industry where devices are only supported for a year or 2 so I was afraid that even if Ambarella updates the chipset, the camera itself wouldn't see any love anymore. Especially since I wasn't sure if this camera sold well at all. I don't know if number of amazon reviews is a good indicator of purchase number, but competitors with similar(if not the same) hardware have many more reviews.

I really like the form factor of this camera and heard a lot of good things about gitup so I am hoping the F1 still has more life to it.

I don't know if number of amazon reviews is a good indicator of purchase number, but competitors with similar(if not the same) hardware have many more reviews.
GitUp don't support false reviews on Amazon. I'm aware that some other manufacturers are not so honest.

Last edited:
To DL Falsificators modified firmware's you have to press "Скачать" or like me look at the icons and figure it out.

Appreciating the effort of modding the F1's firmware, first time I've installed any of the modded ones, tried Mod#1.6 and, comparing to the latest official firmware, my initial observations are..

1) Indoor image is very very dark
2) recording time on my 128Gb micro sd card has gone from (4k/30 fps) 4hours30mins to 2hours42mins, and (1080p 50fps .. my preferred setting) 9hours down to 4hours5mins

this, especially the recording time, are quite a bit hit !

note: reset everything to Default on installing (before and after), then set my preferred setting.

Indoor image is very very dark
The task of the action camera is to shoot outside, not indoors.
AGC parameters have been adjusted to reduce noise.
In the future I will give links to different versions with different parameters.
For further modification and result, I need screenshots and videos.
Words don't help me...

If you do not be lazy and make a comparison before and after, I would be grateful.
It is easy to judge someone else’s work, it’s much harder to do something yourself...

The task of the action camera is to shoot outside, not indoors.
AGC parameters have been adjusted to reduce noise.
In the future I will give links to different versions with different parameters.
For further modification and result, I need screenshots and videos.
Words don't help me...

If you do not be lazy and make a comparison before and after, I would be grateful.
It is easy to judge someone else’s work, it’s much harder to do something yourself...

so are your firmwares approved by gitup ????

What kind of SD cards are you guys using with these firmwares? I was using an samsung evo 64gb u3 for 2 weeks without problems but now I am getting slow card errors if I use anything above 1080p.

I tried to format the card, reset the cam, reapply firmware, but it doesn't seem to help. Sometimes it'll let me record at 4k again without issue but it eventually starts erroring again. I honestly haven't tried without falsificators mod but I like his changes and don't really want to go back to vanilla/stock.

I picked this card because I saw posts of others using this card. Does this firmware push it too hard for the card? Did I get a fake?

I can return the card but which one should I get instead?

What kind of SD cards are you guys using with these firmwares? I was using an samsung evo 64gb u3 for 2 weeks without problems but now I am getting slow card errors if I use anything above 1080p.

I tried to format the card, reset the cam, reapply firmware, but it doesn't seem to help. Sometimes it'll let me record at 4k again without issue but it eventually starts erroring again. I honestly haven't tried without falsificators mod but I like his changes and don't really want to go back to vanilla/stock.

I picked this card because I saw posts of others using this card. Does this firmware push it too hard for the card? Did I get a fake?

I can return the card but which one should I get instead?
Unfortunately I never had good luck with that card (I have three of them) in the F1, although later GitUp firmware apparently improved compatibility with some cards. Since I switched to a 64GB SanDisk Extreme U3 I've not had any slow card errors, either with GitUp or modified firmware.

Back