F1 Firmware

Unfortunately I never had good luck with that card (I have three of them) in the F1, although later GitUp firmware apparently improved compatibility with some cards. Since I switched to a 64GB SanDisk Extreme U3 I've not had any slow card errors, either with GitUp or modified firmware.

I guess I was reading the wrong posts when they suggested that card. Thanks for the tip.

I ordered a sandisk so hopefully I have better luck with it.

MOD#1.6 (test)
Shooting in 1080p 60fps mode. Cutting and merging videos without processing in the Registrator Viewer.

overall it looks very good, nice clear picture, the reds look a little too strong maybe, other than that though it looks very good

Yes not bad at all.
And it seem like Falsificator work the same way with dogs as i do, the one time a police dog had the chance of biting me, it ran strait past me and bit the other guy.

MOD#1.6 (test)
Shooting in 1080p 60fps mode. Cutting and merging videos without processing in the Registrator Viewer.

Looks great Falsificator!

Would it be easy to update your mod to support SSID and password changing that Gitup added with this post? https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/changing-ssid-and-password-use-phone-bluetooth-instead.36869/

If Gitup is planning an official release down the lane then it'd probably be best to just wait for that. Either way, thank you for the support!!

Would it be easy to update your mod to support SSID and password changing that Gitup added with this post? https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/changing-ssid-and-password-use-phone-bluetooth-instead.36869/
Changing the access point name and password in the firmware is not a problem.
The problem is that you also need to change the android application, because
with the changed data the camera does not connect to the smartphone.
I can try to do it, but not now. In this case, the password will still be one.
The camera menu does not change it...
SSID1.pngSSID2.png

Changing the access point name and password in the firmware is not a problem.
The problem is that you also need to change the android application, because
with the changed data the camera does not connect to the smartphone.
I can try to do it, but not now. In this case, the password will still be one.
The camera menu does not change it...
View attachment 44076View attachment 44077

I am not sure if this would be against your agreement with gitup, Falsificator, but would it be possible for you to release a tutorial on how you modify the firmware?

There are a few functions that I'd like to try my hand at adding. I have some experience programming but honestly it would likely end poorly but I thought it might be fun to try.
I feel like this camera has the ability to be the best on the market and a bit of support from the community could get it there.

Did you get special resources from gitup to modify the firmware or is this something anyone could do if they had the knowledge?

Thanks.

Did you get special resources from gitup to modify the firmware or is this something anyone could do if they had the knowledge?
From the producer, I received only a camera.
Firmware downloaded from the official site.
You can use the AE program to decompile and compile the firmware:
Everything else is done in any HEX editor.

You make it sound so easy!
The most important thing is to start doing.
There is a Russian saying: "The eyes are afraid, the hands are doing"...)
A trodden road is easier to walk than to stumble oneself on every stone.
There are guides, you can always ask where to go...)

The most important thing is to start doing.
There is a Russian saying: "The eyes are afraid, the hands are doing"...)
A trodden road is easier to walk than to stumble oneself on every stone.
There are guides, you can always ask where to go...)

Thanks for the info Falsificator.

For those guides, am I looking in the right place? https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/ambarella-firmware-patching-a7tool.6214/

I see this is fairly complex but I have some free time to I might play around with it.

Hopefully Gitup can answer this next one. PaiRan on RCgroups mentioned that the camera turns off with the auto-shutdown feature even when charging. I have also noticed this but wasn't smart enough it to the shutdown function. Is it intentional?

Also can we enable a setting to only record for a particular length? Or have the auto-shutdown apply even during recording? Often I accidentally push the quick start button and it will just record until it dies so when I need it, its already dead. It would be nice to have a way to minimize the damage from an accidental press.

Unfortunately I live in a place where I can't just leave it in my car because people break in if they see something worth more than $20.

Thought I would bring it up here since they fixed the password issue for me in another thread.

@Falsificator have you changed the MOD FW bitrates since MOD#1.2?
GitUp F1 v1.2 (20180103) MOD#1.2 [22.09.2018]
Bitrate:
3840х2160_30fps.......................100-80-60Mbits

I just did a comparison on MOD#1.5+Sharp with 4K30fps and I am seeing 100-80-20Mbps on Superfine-fine-normal quality setting. 1 min file sizes are 720MB, 600MB and 120MB. I found the Normal 20Mbps to be OK at slow speed around town, but soon became pixellated at higher speed or with trees in view.

I just did a comparison on MOD#1.5+Sharp with 4K30fps and I am seeing 100-80-20Mbps on Superfine-fine-normal quality setting. 1 min file sizes are 720MB, 600MB and 120MB.
What is the Normal bitrate supposed to be? 60Mbps?

I'm installing MOD#1.6 now

Last edited:
In my pursuit of learning how to mod the gitup f1, I found myself in a tangent on trying to program a linux app that will use bluetooth to control my gitup from my laptop. Eventually was I going to try to make an android app for it if possible.

I got them to pair fairly easily and can read/write attributes. The hard part is figuring out what attribute does what. Just to stop myself from reinventing the wheel, is there any documentation on the Gitup F1 and the bluetooth attributes and handles? If not from gitup themselves, are there other modding groups that might have worked in this area?

In my pursuit of learning how to mod the gitup f1, I found myself in a tangent on trying to program a linux app that will use bluetooth to control my gitup from my laptop. Eventually was I going to try to make an android app for it if possible.

I got them to pair fairly easily and can read/write attributes. The hard part is figuring out what attribute does what. Just to stop myself from reinventing the wheel, is there any documentation on the Gitup F1 and the bluetooth attributes and handles? If not from gitup themselves, are there other modding groups that might have worked in this area?
Glad to hear you are working on MOD FW and trying to develop app.
One of our customers developed a simple app which use bluetooth to pair with the camera, and support start / stop recording, taking pictures.
If you want to go further, please send PM to me.

I think I sent you a PM. I started a conversation which I hope is the PM for this site.

Back