F1 shipping?

lacibaci

Reaction score
Country
United States
Two weeks ago I placed an order on GitUp's web site (F1 advertized as "In Stock") and still no sign of even tracking number...

Hey @gitup where is my camera?

Just a little test of your patience ;)

Maybe they are in stock, but the firmware still needs a fix?

Our new F1 stock should be showing up in Amazon soon.

Just a little test of your patience ;)

Maybe they are in stock, but the firmware still needs a fix?
Yeah, if they're still tweaking software that would qualify as "Not in stock" in my book.

They are however very quick to take your money. :(

Same here, very fast to answer before payment, thank you, and complete radio silence after :eek:

The item was in stock that's why i ordered from the GitUp's web site rather than banggood that are more honest (presale)

No worry,F1 will be shipped out this weekend!

Reactions: Mtz
Gitup only received stock less than 10 days ago. They have been doing final checks before shipping them out.

Reactions: Mtz
A tracking number at last! I hope it is a "real" version and not some engineering sample...

I don't think a company like Gitup will sell a factory sample. There is no reason to do that because of the costs of shipping and price of a new one after the buyer will start complaining. Maybe things like these are made by companies opened for 2-3 days and which are not accepting PayPal.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Gitup only received stock less than 10 days ago. They have been doing final checks before shipping them out.
+1, Yes,the same saying we got from Gitup.

A tracking number at last! I hope it is a "real" version and not some engineering sample...
Well, apparently having a tracking number doesn't mean much since there is still no change in status.
Unless @gitup is sending these out via Ponny Express, I don't know how there can be no tracking update for a week:

Singpost status: "Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)"

I don't think I will be doing much shopping @gitup in the future...

Information Received means that the seller was obtaining a tracking number from the shipping company and they will use that number for sending the order.
This is a normal situation!

enjoy,
Mtz

Information Received means that the seller was obtaining a tracking number from the shipping company and they will use that number for sending the order.
This is a normal situation!

enjoy,
Mtz
No need to yell @Mtz. This maybe a normal situation for China or Romania but when a seller doesn't send merchandise three weeks after payment - that's not normal, especially after it was advertised as "in stock"

Singpost status: "Information Received (This is not an acknowledgment of the physical receipt of the stated Registered Article)"

My analysis is that most China based sellers generate tracking numbers once orders are 'ready to ship', some probably on order receipt as there's lots of time to actually have it ready for pick up.

That was a bold, not a CAPS. ;) In Romanian language we are putting ! for example after Thank you!, and this not means yelling. Who is not putting ! means he doesn't know the grammar rules, they were not so good at school or are stupid because they can not learn rules.

I am buying from China from many years, Singapore Post is (was?) a great shipping company and they also are using the Information Received status for their shipments. I was not referring to Gitup sales department which can disappoint you, but to the shipping rules. I read so many times in other forums discussions people claiming that seller is trying to cheat them by giving just the tracking number and not sending the order. Even the seller is very correct and sending the orders some buyers are claiming a lot, scared that they were cheated. For sure some of them were cheated by some Aliexpress or ebay fake sellers, until Paypal resolution, but I am sure this is not the case with Gitup company.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
shipping was a lot easier before lithium batteries came along, it is normal to get tracking info and no apparent movement or updates for anything up to two weeks, it doesn't mean the package hasn't been sent or hasn't moved though, I understand this is confusing for the receiver but it's just the way things are at the moment

I see a lot of excuses but no comment from @gitup

This could've been avoided if @gitup was upfront and transparent about the F1 availability. Staying silent or generating tracking numbers without actually shipping anything doesn't inspire confidence.
On top of it, my account on gitup.com was mysteriously removed - so excuse me for being a little bit salty :mad:

I was recently in a group buy along with around 2000 other guys around the world.
The product shipped from Banggood as they are equipped to handle such volume, but here come the "funny" thing.

Shipping and in particular tracking ( no lipo batteries ) was the most weird thing i have ever seen, i could not get my tracking number to work before i found some small Thai shipping company.
And even then it took the better part of 3 weeks for my item to get up here ( no customs delay here at least )
I have never had a Banggood parcel take that route before, normally its just regular mail out of China or HK
And the other guys and not least Americans had to jump thru some hoops to figure out where their parcel was, something like going to some half hidden Fed ex page, enter your tracking number there, that then generated another number you could go to another place ( US postal i think ) and paste that new number and then you could see your parcel. :rolleyes:

By now after years of practice i have come to the convolution that after buying something in China, you are best off forgetting all about it, as most other options will just lead to aggravation.

At least i am not my friend, he is spinning around himself and screaming at his computer monitor, and that's just waiting for a parcel sent by mail from within Denmark.

Back