F200D SD card?

carguy143

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Thinkware F200D
Hi all, I've just purchased a Thinkware F200D with rear camera and hardwire cable. As a high mileage driver I think I'll need a larger SD card. What would you guys recommend?

Thanks,

Rik.

Hi There,

Please be advised that Thinkware memory cards are highly recommended as it is the only brand that is guaranteed to be compatible with our dashcams. Even though non-Thinkware brand memory card meet the microSD card requirements, each manufacturer uses slightly different file settings and systems that varies between batches. As such we cannot guarantee the performance or recommend non-Thinkware brand memory cards with our products.

Please check out these links for memory card recommendations:

https://www.carcamcentral.com/guide/recommended-sd-cards-avoid-sandisk-ultra-cards

https://www.blackboxmycar.ca/blogs/news/how-to-pick-a-micro-sd-card-and-what-cards-to-avoid

Agree with above...

Also get the largest you can afford especially if you wan't to keep parking recordings for any length of time as motion recording can fill up & overwrite quite quickly especially in the rain.

Thanks for the responses both of you. I'm leaning more towards a 128gb card as I believe that's the largest the F200 can handle and I understand as there's less frequent overwriting, the card should last in theory, almost twice as long as a 64gb card.

Thanks again,

Rik.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Is the memory card working well with dashcam utilising the full 128GB? I've just gotten a 128GB memory card as well but it seems not to utilise the full memory. View attachment 48430
It's working flawlessly. What you're seeing is normal as it's to do with how various devices report a gigabyte. Strictly speaking a gigabyte is 1024 megabytes however most manufacturers refer to a gigabyte as 1000 megabytes which is approximately 97% of a true gigabyte.

Sent from my Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk

Thanks for the prompt reply! Perhaps I should explain the screenshot in more detail, the memory card uses 16GB (15.1GB as per screenshot), and starts overwriting the oldest video, when there are ample space to record more.

Thanks for the prompt reply! Perhaps I should explain the screenshot in more detail, the memory card uses 16GB (15.1GB as per screenshot), and starts overwriting the oldest video, when there are ample space to record more.
There's a PC program you can download that will test the full actual capacity of an SD card. I'd recommend trying that as it could be a memory card issue.

Sent from my Mate 20 Pro using Tapatalk

Back