F50 chipset, auto shutoff, & parking mode

ActionCamGuy

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've read F50 is one of the lowest power usage 1080p dash cams and it has features like thermal and low voltage cutoff.

1) Do anyone know what chipset it uses or how it uses such a small amount of power?

2) Thermal and low voltage cutoff built-in. how is it able to do this for so cheap when standalone units for that purpose are $40 and up?

3) It also have a parking mode. It uses motion detection or shock sensor? How does it know to switch between driving mode and parking mode?

Thanks

I've read F50 is one of the lowest power usage 1080p dash cams and it has features like thermal and low voltage cutoff.

1) Do anyone know what chipset it uses or how it uses such a small amount of power? - I don't know in all honesty. When i checked one using a 12.3v supply it used 0.129 amps whilst running (no gps) and 0.106 amps in parking mode (no gps)

2) Thermal and low voltage cutoff built-in. how is it able to do this for so cheap when standalone units for that purpose are $40 and up? Again i don't know the specifics but it does have it and they work flawlessly!

3) It also have a parking mode. It uses motion detection or shock sensor? How does it know to switch between driving mode and parking mode? It has to be hardwired for this feature to work so it can see when the Ignition power is switched off and drops into parking mode approx 30 seconds after and vice versa for ignition going back on.

Thanks

It has to be hardwired for this feature to work so it can see when the Ignition power is switched off and drops into parking mode approx 30 seconds after and vice versa for ignition going back on.

Does this mean it doesn't work for hybrids? I don't think there is a voltage drop between ignition and accessory power in my car because it's a hybrid, and the engine isn't started by the 12v battery.

I was thinking of picking this up for a rear cam, may have to keep looking...

Does this mean it doesn't work for hybrids? I don't think there is a voltage drop between ignition and accessory power in my car because it's a hybrid, and the engine isn't started by the 12v battery..

ignition and accessory are two separate connections to the camera, it changes status depending on which circuit is powered, not by looking at voltage drop

Back