F50 - Massively over sensitive, common issue?

Matt_D

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hardwired my F50 a week back and have been trialing it.

Have to say im finding it massively over sensitive.

I get incident recordings when pulling off from junctions and traffic lights, and in parking mode im getting incident recordings of passing cars and sometimes nothing! Its literally filling a 32gb card as its pretty much constantly recording the most minor motions.

Ive turned all settings to minimum, and its not really improved things, i can't be right surely, anyone else had problems?

Cheers!
Matt

That doesn't sound right Matt. You may always get the odd incident trigger from a pot hole etc (You don't have sub woofers in the car do you? Bass has been known to trigger them) but it shouldn't be that sensitive. Have you put the memory card back into the PC to make sure the minimum settings have saved?

Hi, thanks for the reply

No subs, the exhaust does rumble and on playback seems to noisier than it actually is (if that makes sense)
I re-formatted the card last night and made sure all the settings were at minimal, will review the footage tonight to see how its gone.

The other thing I noticed, when watching the footage from the Parking Mode, was the sensor readings.
The X and Z were around the 0.05 figure, the Y was up around 0.96 – should they all be around the lower mark?

Cheers!

Matt

The other thing I noticed, when watching the footage from the Parking Mode, was the sensor readings.
The X and Z were around the 0.05 figure, the Y was up around 0.96 – should they all be around the lower mark?

depends if you're a fan of gravity or not I guess

Sometimes, depends what I'm doing :)

So it's normal then, any other thoughts?

Matt

I think if you are still getting lots of incident recordings and you have confirmed the setting has saved at minimum it must be faulty. Not an issue i've come across before though.....

I'm not familiar with the F50. The instructions for all four units I've used can be generously described as cryptic.

I experience your issue with one unit until I realized my interpretation of minimum was the exact opposite of the manufacturers. On mine, minimum G force meant it would capture an event with the smallest of road bump and Maximum required a near t-bone incident to preserve a file. Since then I have all three of my units set so only severe G force events cause the unit to retain a file and keep in mind the 32gb card stores only the 4 hours of recent video.

I'm not familiar with the F50. The instructions for all four units I've used can be generously described as cryptic.

I experience your issue with one unit until I realized my interpretation of minimum was the exact opposite of the manufacturers. On mine, minimum G force meant it would capture an event with the smallest of road bump and Maximum required a near t-bone incident to preserve a file. Since then I have all three of my units set so only severe G force events cause the unit to retain a file and keep in mind the 32gb card stores only the 4 hours of recent video.

Well it was worth a try throrope, and i appreciate the reply. I reversed the settings and it was manic, impact recording virtually constantly!
I guess it is the way it is!

Matt

Back