F500L HD with latest firmware?

wisniak

Reaction score
Country
Israel
Hi,

I see that the latest firmware for the F500L HD is v8.9 T2L-KH while the recommended vendor (estore009) has only v6.9T2L-KH.

Is there a comparison chart showing the differences between the two software versions?

Reading the detailed review of this camera, I see that:
"Upside down image quality: When using the camera upside down the image quality dramatically decreases when recording at 1280 x 720p. This has long been known for a programming error but has been fixed in firmware version 8.9 T2L-KH. If you do use the inverted mode, we suggest you record at the maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080p."

So when I receive the camera, should I upgrade to the new firmware?

Thank you,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Not sure what the exact differences between the 8.9 and 6.9, but they are likely just minor. Upside down video quality was improved long before v6.9.

Ok, just rec'ed the F500HD from I believce the ebay006(9?) guy.
All is fine. However, all this chat about firmware vers... I have version: V6.9 T2L-HH !! Can this be?
Note the "HH" at end... NOT "KH" as all docs ref to!
Is this fw still "ok" to use/upgrade if wanted/needed? Could it be a typo? (Can't imagine why that would be :lol: )
If not, should I return?
Anyone else seen this fw #?

Thanx much,
tim

info4tim said:
Ok, just rec'ed the F500HD from I believce the ebay006(9?) guy.
All is fine. However, all this chat about firmware vers... I have version: V6.9 T2L-HH !! Can this be?
Note the "HH" at end... NOT "KH" as all docs ref to!
Is this fw still "ok" to use/upgrade if wanted/needed? Could it be a typo? (Can't imagine why that would be :lol: )
If not, should I return?
Anyone else seen this fw #?

Thanx much,
tim

hi, is it "HH" really ? on the cam screen H looks very similar to K.
To be sure copy a jpg picture to your computer and have a look at the EXIF data.

info4tim said:
OK will do. how?

ok, what exactly do you want to know?
in short:
change cam mode to picture (one of the side buttons)
take a picture
connect cam to PC to copy picture or read SD-card in PC
open in an image viewer program, I'm using xnview, but most others should do as well
go to image properties (mostly available thru right mouse clock on picture)
go to EXIF tab, there are a lot of entries for cam model, firmware, picture settings and so on

hope this helps

Re: F500L HD with latest firmware? what is v1.14 T2L-KH??

hi, 2nd try with this question, hope s.o. can answer this:
got my cam with firmware v1.14 T2L-KH.
Seller says it is newer than v8.9.
However, got the "card full" bug once and the "stamp" menu item description is not displayed sometimes.
Didn't find any information on v1.14 elsewhere.
Is it really a new firmware and can it be updated against other T2L-KH?
or did I get a fake?

best regards

edit EXIF:
manufacturer: DeSheng
model: AMHD501
firmware: v1.14 T2L-KH

Hi s21isnonsense,

After version 8.9, the numbering changed to V1.14 T2L-KH. This apparently is the most stable firmware release. If you are experiencing problems, it is likely not the firmware's fault. There are also v1.46 T2L-KH, v1.52 T2L-KH and v1.59 T2L-KH but may not be as stable / reliable.

Camera is real, not fake based on the firmware and EXIF info.

Back