F500LHD and SD card

connie

Reaction score
I have what they call a OEM (neutral) DOD F500LHD and looks like the one in Lou Seidmen F500LHD video.
The inst. book states by USB cord between the camera and PC and in the 'MSC' mode, one can view the movies and pictures in the camera.
However, under 'My computer' the 32GB SD and internal memory directories do not show for my camera. Do anyone know how to have them show?
I can read the files on the SD card in my regular SD port.
I can read the files on the SD card if I place in another camera and go via the USB port to the PC.
I tried another SD card (8GB) in the F500LHD and still the PC does not recognize drive in the camera.

it probably needs a driver, personally I wouldn't use it like that anyway, if you have an SD reader just use that, far more convenient than removing the camera just to use it as a card reader

Problem self solved:
My feeling if a device lists a feature you should be able to use it if you want.
To me the instruction book left out a step. After "select MSC" in "USB backup mode", the instructions should insert the words "press ok".
Now both the camera drives are visiable.

Yeah MSC (mass storage contents) is card reader mode, cameras often default to that mode if no button is pressed, your model doesn't obviously

Back