F500LHD firmaware update problems

jaredls

Reaction score
I'm trying to upgrade my firmware from v6.9 T2L-KH to the later 8.9 version but so far no luck. I am able to create a back up but no luck on getting the camera to upgrade. by the way the instructions seem to have different instructions under "simple update instructions" and under "complete update instructions" namely changing the file name yamaha v. firmware...anyway i have tried both and no luck.
if i try the simple instructions - put the updated firmware on the sd card and name the file yamaha i guess i'm supposed to get a"running circle and inscriptioin of firmware update" i don't get that.
following the complete instructions nothing happens at all.

jaredls said:
I'm trying to upgrade my firmware from v6.9 T2L-KH to the later 8.9 version but so far no luck. I am able to create a back up but no luck on getting the camera to upgrade. by the way the instructions seem to have different instructions under "simple update instructions" and under "complete update instructions" namely changing the file name yamaha v. firmware...anyway i have tried both and no luck.
if i try the simple instructions - put the updated firmware on the sd card and name the file yamaha i guess i'm supposed to get a"running circle and inscriptioin of firmware update" i don't get that.
following the complete instructions nothing happens at all.

Hi jaredls,

The simple update instructions do not work for all F500LHD cameras. Some of them pick up the .bin file for updating, others don't. The complete update instructions should work for the majority of F500LHD cameras. Since you were able to back up the firmware, your camera is responding to the commands in the autoexec.ash file. When turning the camera on the first time, wait a few minutes. If nothing happens, turn off and repeat again. The first time the camera may be writing the DCIM directory. If that doesn't work you can experiment with the following.

You can create a text file and name it autoexec.ash. You can then use the prog command to update firmware. (Make sure there is a line feed at the bottom of the file) Here are a few options to try:

firmfl prog d:\firmware.bin

Above is the simplest command to update firmware - your autoexec.ash file should only have 2 lines of text, the one above and a line feed at the bottom of the file

firmfl prog d:\firmware.bin >> d:\flashlog.txt

Option 2 above provides a log of what happens - your autoexec.ash file should only have 2 lines of text, the one above and a line feed at the bottom of the file

rm a:\autoexec.ash
firmfl prog d:\firmware.bin >> d:\flashlog.txt
rm d:\autoexec.ash
rm d:\firmware.bin

Option 3 removes the autoexec.ash file from camera, programs the firmware, provides a log of what happens and cleans up the files - your autoexec.ash file should have 5 lines of text, the 4 lines above and a line feed at the bottom of the file

On the SD card you need to have 2 files only in the root directory. The firmware.bin file and the autoexec.ash file. When turning the camera on the first time, wait a few minutes. If nothing happens, turn off and repeat again. The first time the camera may be writing the DCIM directory.

Dash Cam Man

Back