F500LHD firmware 5.12 t2l-gh

Winchester

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just received F500LHD from Aliexpress seller NewCool and I realized that the firmware is version 5.12 t2l-gh

I suppose that is the firmware that cannot be upgraded, right?

Cheers

Stepan

Hi Winchester,

You are correct. These new models are not compatible with the T2L-KH firmware. If I come across update versions of the T2L-GH firmware, I will post.

Hi Winchester,
In the internet I found out that "t2l-gh" is a new firmware which was made for a new image sensor, which supposed to have less noise. I'm also thinking about buying F500LHD from Aliexpress seller NewCool.
Can you upload a test video from your F500LHD or if you can't can you confirm that it has the same quality like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lYvMKHB ... WJg5q9QnZQ?
I also wonder if box from NewCool had all the accessories: cables, chargers and so on (the other seller publishes photo of all accessoris , which is quite impressive : http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 11698.html). Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I had ordered this camera from AliExpress last year and it was the KH firmware. I placed another order last month with NewCool and received one with the GH firmware. The one with the GH firmware appears to have problems saving the recordings when it's powered down. The auto power down after (x) time doesn't seem to work either; when it looses the power connection it always immediately turns off and I'm assuming that is why it is not saving. I'm still fiddling with it to see if I can get it to work. Another interesting thing is this version came with English menus default instead of Russian but the instruction manual is still in Russian; this one also came with all attachment cords and an EU style power plug (not American style).

Yea that is a good guess though when I go into charge mode it says the battery is at 100%. Maybe the battery itself is bad? I also tried to format a 16gb sd card through the camera and it corrupted the sd card :(

Back