F500LHD quality

Bruce

Reaction score
Country
United States
II was al ready to buy one of these but saw the thread about screen going blank and no recording. I am new to this but if I understand that thread this could be a big problem. The forum owner said he was going to remove his recommendtaion but that has not happened. I see problems with almost every camera . Scary

Bruce

i am in same boat i was going to get one of these come monday to replace DVR 207 which i have returned original and replacement to estore009 because both were faulty, now i see the cam i was going to replace it with has a major problem as well.
do you think its just in the past month or so a batch of bad cameras is coming from the factory or are all of them the same but no everyone reporting problems.

I know nothing about dashcams but here is where the problem lies. These are not a consumer item sold in retail stores. Companies like Wal Mart, Costco, electronic big box stores, etc, expect their suppliers to have quality control. In some cases they actually inpsect the factories. In many Chinese factories they may make a product under a contract. The factory does not sell anything to the public. They appy the label of the contract holder.Many times the factories will produce one of these items for a contract holder but after hours they produce a knock off. There is no quality control and the parts may be seconds from the day shift. The Chinese Gov. is well aware of this problem but they are corrupt and really don't give a damn. I don't know if this prevalent in Korea. I am waiting on my dashcam purchase. Warranty is another issue. We have no warranty rights other than what the seller will provide. If the seller is in China we are SOL!

Bruce

I mentioned that I would remove it from the recommended list if it is a widespread issue. So far 4 people have indicated there is a problem. But to put it in perspective, estore009 has sold over 1000 of these. Not enough evidence to claim it is a systemic issue.

I guess I will be guinea pig then and get one off these from estore009 on Monday and wait for it to arrive in australia and give it a whirl and let you know how it performs.
I have a Transend 32gig sdhc card supplied to me from estore009 for my DVR 207 which I am sending back to them for the second time. I will keep the 32 gig card and try it in the new cam so it's all supplied by the estore009.
My experience with estore009 has been very positive and they have gone above and beyond what I expected to make me happy so I don't see why if per chance this F500LHD turns out to be a dud why they would not give me my money back or replace it with another cam.
I am hopeing that the new cam is ok because buying a cam for me has become a very protracted affair with waiting for mail from china, returning cam to china, waiting for replacement cam from china, finding it is faulty as well now sending it back again to china for yet another cam to come back from china - with a bit of a chance that this one may be a dud as well.
I guess I am a glutton for punishment.

I am one of those four people. Unfortunately, I am sure that not everyone who has purchased the camera has posted their results in this forum, bad or good. Yes, estore009 seems to be a solid merchant and has sent me a replacement camera as well. Will report back when the replacement arrives (estimating two weeks).

I really want a dashcam right away but I think the whole industry sucks. I have been through that returning to China fiasco a few years ago. Never again. I wouild sooner pay more and buy it from a US or Canadian source. But haven't really come across a source.

I asked estore about this issue and if they found any problems with the cam - reply was :

Dear aussietommy,

Actually,we recomend you this F500l camera,it comes with stable v6.9 version!

And we have a check these returned F500l cameras,and find this is the problem of its Memory card indeed!
We test it with my 32g Kingston class 10 card,it can keep loop recording indeed,and also,we have a check its recording param setting,and find some buyer set its loop recording off! So,it will screen black when card full!

Regards,
Vicky

- estore009

So they think cam is ok

Estore009 could very well be correct. Most small items returned to stores as defective are usually OK. In this case the problem might be that people are using cheap memory cards. If only these sellers had a US or Canadian presence. I would gladly pay more for the item but have a N.A. seller.

Sadly, my camera appeared to be sensitive to bright light, well, changes in it. This could be replicated using a bright source of light such a monitor, lamp or torch. The screen went blank, but the camera was still on... and got warm if left like this.

It wasn't the card though as I tried Kingston, Transcend and Sandisk cards, ranging from 32GB to 4GB and from class 10 to 4. It could also lock up with no card in.

The camera was set up with the recommended settings, and worked fine indoors or on a cloudy day. Just not in the sun.

However, as DCM says, it is probably just a small number of faulty cameras as there's no mention of issues in their feedback after selling a large number.

It has to be said though, if you have any doubts about buying from estore009, then don't be as they've been excellent.

The customer service has been second to none with friendly, helpful suggestions.

They sent a SD card to check that this wasn't the cause of the faults, and there has been no fuss at all now that I have asked to return the camera for a refund.

As an update, I received my replacement a few days ago. After testing, the replacement camera does not lock up (due to light changes) as the old one did. So far I am happy (except now I wish the camera had a higher bitrate for the same price :D). Received great service from estore009.

I noticed there is what looks like a serial number (TF followed by seven digits) under the battery. This number starts with TF24842 on the defective unit and TF24991 on the good. Maybe there was a bad batch with closely matching serial number

Glad to hear that your new camera works fine. Most likely a bad batch but I'll still keep a look-out for this.

Back