F500LHD Real or fake?

Swanny

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just received my unit, purchased from Loftek via Amazon. Initially didn't think this was the wide angle version since the manual only references the F500HD, however it does have the longer lens which I believe means its wide angle. Anyway, the firmware in the menu simply says V1.00 No letters afterwards. Safe to assume I have a fake? It does have the 4 side buttons, but its an all black case with no labels. Any other ways to tell if its fake?

Swanny said:
Just received my unit, purchased from Loftek via Amazon. Initially didn't think this was the wide angle version since the manual only references the F500HD, however it does have the longer lens which I believe means its wide angle. Anyway, the firmware in the menu simply says V1.00 No letters afterwards. Safe to assume I have a fake? It does have the 4 side buttons, but its an all black case with no labels. Any other ways to tell if its fake?

Hi Swanny,

Firmware version is usually the best way to tell if it is a fake. Based on your firmware, your camera does not appear real. If you post some day and night videos as well, we can provide feedback.

Dash Cam Man

Back