F500LHD - screen going blank, stops recording

Crixus said:
Same issues with battery removed. I do not recommend anyone purchase this cam until the problem is pinpointed or resolved
What firmware is your cam running?
Did they send you a new battery?
What type of sd card are you using?

I have got one of these cams on its way to me from estore009 as well, I asked them what was wrong with some of the returned cams and they said it was problems with the type of sd cards being used and or people not having the cam set to loop record , so it just stopped when the card was full with blank screen.
I am just hopeing my new cam does not have any issues as his will be he 3rd cam they have sent me because of faulty cams.

the QC measures from a lot of factories leaves a lot to be desired, don't know anything about the seller you are dealing with but a great many know very little about the product they are selling which is the start of an uphill battle for an end user, at least if nothing else the seller you've been dealing with is trying to do the right thing and get you sorted, that's a lot better than some do already, hopefully your new one works out better than the last two

Estore009 has offered to replace. How do I go about sending it back to them? They've asked me to send it back but I will have to pay the cost. They said they will send it after they receive tracking number. How do I know they will keep to their word?

You don't know but from my experience , I have returned two cams the same way now and they (vicky) has immediately returned my emails and posted new item with a tracking number.
I don't think you will have any problems with estore009. I think they are very trustworthy.
Just return the cam by airmail from your local post office then send a photo of the receipt from the post office to the estoore009 and they will then send you a new cam or refund your money or as arrangements you made with them.

Indeed. I found estore009 to be excellent.

It's good to here that this issue appears to be limited to a small batch of cameras.

I've finally got around to uploading a video showing the issue with the camera.

Just sent my camera back to Estore009. The cost of postage to China is $24.90 which is absolutely ridiculous. Not even registered. I hope estore keeps to their word and sends me a replacement. I will do a credit card charge back if they don't send me a new one.

Estore has sent me a replacement. Lets see if this doesn't have any errors.

Hi there, I have similar problem with mine (6.9V). I tried it at home running hors with no problem then the only guess for me is warming and getting outside working tem. range. I upgraded to the latest version (V1.14) today anyhow to see any improvement. keep you posted

This camera F500 isn´t working at all.
I bought this camera specific due to suggestions of dashcamtalk.
I flashed already to several firmwares!
Nothing helps.

Card Full. Card locks up. Sometimes bad recording => not able to open recorded video´s ....

All cards get locked up. kill SD-cards.
I tried to format them in different ways, but after a while the cards are still dead.

------------------------------
For me the only working camera is 027!

G1W is also really CRAP! It consumes more power then it charges! Your camera will constantly reboot after a while.
Nightvision is also really crap in comparison of the 027.
Also noisy background in de G1W.

I will buy Mio? I´m still looking for a good camera.

I had a problem with my camera switching itself off but I believe I've sorted it now. My camera was switching itself off at some traffic lights, but not all. Why? Where I live they don't know how to set traffic light times. So you can be sat at some lights for 5 minutes or more even with no traffic crossing in front. So I wondered. Are my settings correct? Checking them I found I'd set 'Motion Det' to on. So consequently being as there was no movement for long periods, within the detection field, the camera did as per the setting and was switching off.
May be people need to check their settings before returning their cameras.
chitown.gif

Could I please ask if anyone has experienced this previously?

Randomly, the screen will go blank. The camera doesn’t power off however, as the backlight can still be seen faintly.

The recording the camera was making at the time is corrupted, and the only way to get the camera back up and running is to remove the battery and then replace.

The camera will then sometimes continue to record to the end of the journey... other times it will go blank again a few minutes later.

Below is a few things I’ve tried to no avail:

• Two different cards - 32GB Kingston (class 10) & 4GB Transcend (class 6)
  • Formatted both at Fat32 (32k). I have also tried formatting the cards in the camera.
  • A different car power adaptor.
  • Different recording times and qualities.
Hi
I have had no problems I suggest you do an internet search for the top 10 SD cards for dash cams as I did. After finding the site I found this to be a revelation as not all cards are not suitable for a dash cam plus it can invalidate the warranty if used for that purpose. At first I searched on Amazon for the right sized SD card and chose this after a quick cross reference with the top ten listed on the internet search.
After fitting the card into the camera you must format the SD card as part of the camera set up.
Now for the small print missed by many people YOU MUST FORMAT THE CARD EVERY MONTH.
After installing my new system I format my card on the 1st day of every month. To date after four months I have had no issues, secondly I found this to be the problem with my original dash cam I now use this for cross traffic at junctions.
I hope this is helpful please note I have not used any makes as some nitpicking muppet
or technophobic idiot will bend over backwards to find fault.

Back