F500LHD - Won't automatically turn off

justjoehere

Reaction score
I recently bought an F500LHD. It has firmware V7.2-HH. I have a few questions:
  1. Is this a legitimate F500LHD? It seems like it might be, but several generations old. I tried upgrading to the KH firmware adn all I got was a white screen. So I downgraded the firmware to what it shipped with
  2. I set the auto off to 1 minute. USB is set to on. When I power it up with USB, it does auto-start and starts recording after about 5 seconds of the (MSC, Charge, Open) splash screen. I assumed that when it lost power it would power down 1 minute later. However, if it is in recording mode, it won't. If it is not in recording mode it will. Is there any way to set this so that it will stop recording AND power down if USB power is off? I am seeing if I can avoid having to manually stop the recording to get it to auto power down.

Hi justjoehere,

The real F500LHD should end in firmware KH. Some of the newer ones end in GH. HH firmware is not compatible with that model like you discovered.

There are usually 2 settings for the F500LHD. Auto Off and also Shutdown / delay off. Shutdown / delay usually have an option like 10 MIN, 5 MIN, 10 SECOND, POWER OFF, NO which determines what happens when power is removed.

Back