F750 annoying messages

Savyy

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
U3000
Hi guys,
I have 2 F750 installed on my cars and I have 2 annoying messages from my F750 which I would like to get rid off.

1) Once in 2 weeks I have a message - ''format your memory card for data integrity''
As I understand I just need to format my memory card every time I hear this message (almost every week)
deleting and formatting all my data. Why do i need to do it so often? I really would like to keep my records as long as my memory card capacity (64Gb ot more than 8 hours of recording) for safety and security purposes. Maybe I should format my card once in 2 months.

2) I have my F750 working in a parking mode. Every time I jump in my car I must hear - ''During a parking mode you have 2 motion and 3 incident detection recordings'' Do we have any options to disable these very annoying messages.

Please advise.

it's not that it needs formatting at that time but they've put this function in to avoid issues

I have not found a way to disable any of those messages. I think you can get away with reformatting less frequently but we have had a couple of members on her report that their SD cards have caused problems and even become 'locked'. So perhaps it would be best to transfer your files to other storage and reformat when requested.

I find that the count of motion recordings is useless because even on the lowest sensitivity there will always be at least 1 recording after parking unless I have parked somewhere isolated. I find the incident recordings count useful because if it matches the number of times I closed a door (which nearly always triggers it), then I can feel confident the car has been OK. But if I even find the count too high I shall immediately get out and have a close look at the bodywork.

Nevertheless I agree that it would be nice to be able to customise whether or not the messages occur and so I might be work contacting Thinkware to request it in a future FW update.

Hello. Just chiming in on this (rather annoying) issue. I contacted Thinkware on social media last year as well.

Same issue. I'm not ready to transfer the handful of Manual Recordings I have in there and every 2-3 weeks getting that message to "Regularly format memory card for data integrity" - not once, not twice, but three times every time you turn your engine on is effing annoying.

I told them this should be MY option. I get that it's for my safety. But not having control over that feature in the settings, is not good. It's horrible enough we have to listen to every single command announced ("manual recording will now start", etc...) every time we press a button - like wifi, for example, a simple BEEP is enough really.

Reactions: e1.
you can switch ALL sounds off, except the report it gives you at startup (IE "motion detection recorded X", "event detection recorded X"),
and the "format memory card" notice.

I do agree that more flexibility on which sounds we want to hear would be nice..

you can switch ALL sounds off, except the report it gives you at startup (IE "motion detection recorded X", "event detection recorded X"),
and the "format memory card" notice.

I do agree that more flexibility on which sounds we want to hear would be nice..
Yes, this is when I really wish there was a simple beep available. I make travel videos and use the manual recording a lot for B-roll clips. I need that confirmation that when I press that button it acknowledges the input command. Unfortunately I can't justify completely shutting off all sound for this :(

Reactions: e1.
There is a way to stop the format memory card message... And I will apologize in advance because I dont have my memory card right here to verify, but in the settings folder on the memory card, there is a card format file (I cant think of the name off the top of my head), but if you open that file in notepad, its a date string. That is the date that after which, will trigger that message. I just added a year to that date and the message doesnt come back.

Will look into this! Thanks @horsepower

To be clear, you said the file to open with notepad is in a folder in the memory card, not the device, correct?

It's a data file that has the next date for format - when card is out and connected to a PC then open it there and edit with notepad and do what Travelfox did.
Worked for me
Denis B

Last edited:
I finally pulled the memory card out of my camera, and I can tell you where the file is located.

In the SETTING folder, the file is named SDCARD_FORMAT_TIME.bin. Open that file in notepad and edit your date in there.

I don't mind the camera reminding me once during startup that i need to format. but 3 times.....

I finally pulled the memory card out of my camera, and I can tell you where the file is located.

In the SETTING folder, the file is named SDCARD_FORMAT_TIME.bin. Open that file in notepad and edit your date in there.

Just a note. I found out today that when I formatted the SD Card in my F770, it reset the format date.
You must re-edit the file if you format the SD Card.

RodeoGeorge

G'day All,
Newby here, I know the problem, I also have an annoying "mobile speed camera zone" that bangs off every three seconds whether I am over or under the posted speed limit. This is bloody annoying, along with the format memory card, GPS connected, recording will now commence (after I have already travelled a kilometre.
Why can't we have control of these to switch thee on and off as we require?

Back