F750 Degrading Video Quality

WilsonWilson

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been using an F750 for over a year now.

At first I used the cigarette lighter for power and had no issues. After a few months, especially at night, I noticed horizontal lines that would only appear if there is a light source (street light, etc). Eventually, I hardwired the dashcam and added the rear camera. The lines went away. Somehow the fix was adding the rear camera. I don't know why and can verify that the lines return after I unplug the rear cam.

Fast forward a year or so and now my front camera is blurry with a purplish haze on the outer edge of the bottom half of the recording. I no longer can see license plates as everything is blurry. The camera lens has no artifacts and is clean. My rear cam quality is as perfect as the day I bought it.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what was your fix? If not, what is a good resolution?

I uploaded a screenshot of the earliest recording I can find and a screenshot of a recording from the other day

Attachments

• 2017.PNG
    2017.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 2016.PNG
    2016.PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
looks like a hardware fault, you should talk to wherever you bought it from about getting it replaced

I was afraid of that. I was hoping there was something I could do myself. I bought it in late 2015 so I doubt Best Buy would exchange it after all this time. I'll ask though. Thanks for the help!

That actually makes sense. I do recall that this all started around the same time that we experienced a really hot summer and I wasn't able to park my car in the garage for a couple of weeks.

My feeling is it won't be heat related (as we're in the UK!) but i have seen one other camera with a very similar issue. As said it was hardware related but i think it was an unlucky general failure.

Back