F750 goes in to Parking Recording Mode

JONG

Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
Hi Peeps,

Just installed my F750 last week and it was working fine and I love the quality of the cam but I'm having a very peculiar problem. Problem started when the cam gave me a warning on insufficient memory on parking mode(I accidentally ticked this off in setting function) and my F750 keeps going in to parking mode. Second issue I had was my installer hard wired it in to my ziggy lighter fuse so it shuts off after 7 minutes.

So today I went back to the installer to have my wiring problem fixed and also inquiry about how to delete the memory since it was full and I'm unable to access the mobile apps as wifi is disabled during parking recording mode. Firstly they hardwired my unit and tapped in to OBD2 fuse instead to ensure continuous power and used a larger amp fuse as well. And thereafter suggested that I format the sdcard when I got home as every time after I start the cam, it would go in to continuous recording and then seconds later it goes in to parking mode.

So when I got home I took out the sdcard and formatted it and reinstalled it back but it still goes back in to park mode recording like before despite having sufficient memory. So now I really don't know where to start trouble shooting this problem, any advise from you Guru's would be highly appreciated.

TIA

If it keeps going into parking mode that sounds like a power issue to the ignition wire of the hardwire cable. It the ignition supply goes the camera thinks you have turned off the ignition so goes into parking recording. Think you need to get that bit double checked too!

Does it do any normal recording at all? Are the led lights on when your driving? (The coloured leds on the back i mean)

Went back to the installer and look like the made a mistake on tapping the fuse, its been rectified and I noticed that they now tap the red ACC wire direct to the battery terminal. Not sure if this is a standard installation method but when I asked they mentioned that the safety is already built in to the dashcam fuse. I have an obd2 reader and when I ran the error code, there was the following error.

213601 power management, closed circuit protection:closed-curcuit current violation, I'm not entirely sure if its related but this came up after the installed my cam. The cam is installed on a BMW F30 in case anyone was wandering and hardwired to the engine bay fuse box and battery terminal for power.

Any thoughts???

Are you getting a 'Battery Discharge' warning message shown on your dash?

My slight concern is you say they connected the RED ACC wire straight to the battery? The ACC wire should be the Ignition switched wire!? The YELLOW should be the permanent Battery power (unless you have a unit from before April 2016 as that's when the wiring loom changed)

Sounds like the installer needs to go back to school

let me take a picture of my install and share it here. not sure interms of the wiring components but they mentioned to me that in order to get continuous power they pulled another cable across the firewall and tapped it directly to the battery terminal at the engine bay. I was not around when they did it so i'm getting bits and piece of info, sorry for the confusion

They sound right cowboys doing this, and there is no need to, find some one else to do it that does know what they're doing whilst you still have a car left

I'm having various issues with my F750, I noticed that there is an interference static like sound with each recording. I have posted this on to youtube to share my issue and to see if there's any suggestion to rectify.

Ignition turned off, just before cam goes in to park mode.

By the way I'm also having issues with my new 64MB Samsung Evo+ sdcard, it keeps rebooting itself after awhile with an error. And the connection with the mobile apps on Android has been a disaster. The ownership experience has been dismal, I purchased a cheap China made 2CH dashcam(B40D) for my wife's car and pretty much P&P and with so much less fuss. Paying so much for the F750 is really not worthwhile at all oh well maybe I got a lemon.

Do you guys reckon that I have a manufacturer defect or its a wiring issues. I'm tempted to go to another installer and re-install and re-wire the whole set to try find a resolution. Any thoughts on this much appreciated.

First of all, you can change the setting using the PC viewer. Just plug your SD card into the PC viewer and you can change your cam's setting that way. You can also wipe your SD card using the PC viewer as well.

To confirm that it is a manufacture's defect, I would disconnect the hardware kit (just unplug it from the camera) and use the 12V cigar cable to power your camera. You will loose parking ability for the time being but you can use it to confirm that your camera is working.

BMWs are notorious for generating error codes due to its sensitivity when it comes to its power management software. In other words, it is not the camera that is giving you problems. It is your car. For parking mode installation, I would suggest getting a Cellink B kit. The Cellink B kit isolates your camera from the car's electronics and runs your camera off a battery instead of your car's battery. This external battery gets charged by your car when your engine is running.

If Cellink B kit is not an option, I would suggest looking for another installer. The dashcam and radar detectors generate a lot of "noise" in the car's electrical system. While other cars will not respond to the "noises", BMWs will throw error codes left right and center when it detects such noises. In my mind, the only place that is "safe" to tap into is the 12V cigar socket; however, power is only supplied when the car is running so you will loose parking mode.

Good luck.

Part 3 - tried with Thinkware sdcard, interference persists

Thanks for the pointer, its abit cumbersome to consistently remove the sdcard and plug in to the PC to work on it. Don't expect so many niggling issues with such a premium cam which is like a fuss pot.

Yes BMW are notorious for throwing out codes. My obd reader shows an error code of 213601 power management, closed circuit protection: closed-circuit current violation. So i'm suspecting that something maybe amiss with the installation. Unfortunately I don't have ziggy lighter kit to test so cant affirm it and I'm unlikely invest on an external battery. Worst case I'll just have to live with it with an imperfection, just feel extremely disappointed with the whole ordeal and satisfaction perspective.

Back