F750 wifi enabled but app won't connect

lynchknot

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, when I click the wifi button on the camera, I see the thinkware_1B77C4 network in my iphone 6s and it connects to that network but when I try to start the dashcam viewer it says the dashcam is not connected and when I try to use the slider switch, it won't stay on and most of the dialog in the app is grayed out except for Videos Downloaded and App Info. Does anyone know what is going on with this dashcam?

The dashcam is connected to the iphone but the viewer won't connect. I tried airplane mode then off and also disabled wifi assist. Still no luck. I was able to update the firmware ( US 1.00.26 ) in the camera though.

app updated to latest version?
All I saw was US 1.00.26 and it installed. Didn't even have to format the card. All the videos were still in there with all the folders using Sandisk Ultra 64

Last edited:
app is v2.3.0 (25917) ***edit - it looks like i'm not the only one. There are many negative reviews at Apple's App Store.

Last edited:
is that the latest, no updates available?

don't see reports of others with the same issue, iPhone 6S is used by many others, are you on the latest version of iOS also?

is that the latest, no updates available?

don't see reports of others with the same issue, iPhone 6S is used by many others, are you on the latest version of iOS also?
The reports are over at the app store where the app is rated at 1.6 stars (wow). Yes, everything is up to date.

they had issues with an earlier version when iOS 13 was released and it wasn't working, there was some workaround posted previously about how to get it working, try looking back through the posts in the Blackvue section and you might find some useful info

I'm using iOS 13.2.3 ***edit- thanks for your help! this worked!:

"Try resetting the “location and privacy” and/or “network settings” in the phones settings. Settings-> General -> Reset."

Last edited:
Yes latest iOS version is a MUST and the App has to have access to the phones location as a minimum of 'Whilst using the App'.

Back