F770 + 200gb sd card

jackyff8

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Dash Cam
F770-2CH + Cellink 2nd Gen - Hardwired
I know for some of you guys that leave your cars outside for a long duration of time want the most storage. There were a lot of confusion on many forum whether the unit can actually read a 200gb card. I just wanted to test this out even though I was taking my chances as you cannot refund a memory card after its opened (bought mine from bestbuy canada). But I wanted to take this gamble anyways. Just want to point out, 200gb ad card works. Below is a screenshot after I've updated the firmware to the new card. Hope this helps anyone who's still on the fence.

Cheers

image.png

Welcome to forum and thanks for testing it !

Gonna try 128GB card myself soon.
From what I understand is if you have a superfast high capacity card, you can experience difficulties ,but with a slower more normal card, it can read high capcity sd cards.

Anyway thanks for testing :)

no problem

just always make sure you format it to FAT32
i was getting card error with exFAT and NTFS

this is the program i used since windows 10 does not let you format drives using FAT32
https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Reading on another thread on here although it's accepting the card and filling it up with data you may then find it only overwrites the last 64gb of the memory card? So the first 120gb(ish) of video may remain on there. Worth checking.....

thanks i'll check it out. I'm 3 days into my recordings and still have 110gb left. i'll post an update in a few days to see if the storage will fully fill up

cheers

Any updates? Does it overwrite the old files after the SD card is full? I mean, overwrite more than 64GB. :)

Any updates? Does it overwrite the old files after the SD card is full? I mean, overwrite more than 64GB. :)

image.png

Almost certain it will work since the memory is still going down

View attachment 26081

Almost certain it will work since the memory is still going down
From what the rumors is (i havent read them), they say it will record the 200GB, but when it starts to overwrite the older files, it will just keep overwriting up to 64GB.
So form 64-200GB it will just be old files stored there that will never be overwritten.

Go out an drive more and keep us updated! :p

ya maybe I will start taking the card out after it reaches full memory and see if the oldest files are getting overwritten= )

Interested in this myself as I'm about to have the F770 fitted to my car and want to use a 128Gb card - so waiting for your verdict :)

Here in the UK I am being told the same that it will not overwrite the oldest file.

I've been using the F750 with the 200GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC for a while without issue (with both F750 and F770 firmware). As mentioned above, you need to ensure the SDXC is formatted as FAT32, not ExFAT. This means you cannot use the format button on the F750/F770 as it will format the card as ExFAT and will fail to start up after a reboot.

My only complaint is that the built-in storage allocation methods only allow you to use up to 61% of the card for continuous recording. Ideally, I would like the system to only place a quota on incident recording, and use all remaining free space for continuous.

I've been using the F750 with the 200GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC for a while without issue (with both F750 and F770 firmware). As mentioned above, you need to ensure the SDXC is formatted as FAT32, not ExFAT. This means you cannot use the format button on the F750/F770 as it will format the card as ExFAT and will fail to start up after a reboot.

My only complaint is that the built-in storage allocation methods only allow you to use up to 61% of the card for continuous recording. Ideally, I would like the system to only place a quota on incident recording, and use all remaining free space for continuous.

Thanks cynix :)

So you are not only talking about the first time?
Whenever the cam tells me to format I should do it on the PC instead?

So you are not only talking about the first time?
Whenever the cam tells me to format I should do it on the PC instead?
Yeah, definitely do not use the format button on the cam. However mine has never "told me to format" either.

Back