F770 connection issues

sh0713

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Hi there,

I have purchased a car with a Thinkware f770 already hardwired into the vehicle. I am trying to connect to it for the first time but can’t.

I open the app, click the red bar at the bottom ‘DashCam connection is required’

It prompts me to press the Wi-Fi button and states the camera will say the prompt ‘connect to Wi-Fi starting with Thinkware on your smartphone’ - the camera never says this. I can connect my phone to the Wi-Fi connection using the default password but the app never gets me past these connection screens and I have no usability of the app.

When I do connect my phone during this stage the camera says ‘ connected to smartphone recording stops’ then ‘disconnected to smartphone recording starts’ a second later, and may just intermittently repeat this.

The card is the one the owner of the car gave me and has always worked for them. I’ve tried resetting the camera no change. I’ve deleted and reinstalled the app and forgotten and reconnected the network.

Any ideas? Thank you in advance for any advice!

You are using the wrong App i think! 'Thinkware Dashcam Viewer' is for the F770 model. I think you are using the Cloud / Link app at present.

Cheers
Steve

Lord above, thank you haha

I had tried all three other Thinkware apps and thought I’d exhausted trying them all. Didn’t spot this fourth one.

Simple fix, and clearly it’s me that’s the simpleton

Thanks again

Back