F770 doesn't record into Parking mode folder

bigHUN

Reaction score
Country
Canada
2014 audi A4 B9, F770 connected with Thinkware wire kit, 128 Mb card. Hardwiring DIY.
A quick note, in A4 the power fuses and ACC fuses are separate fuse bays, so less chance to mix them up.

I believe all worked fine in the beginning until I changed something in settings. And I never went back to check the things assuming all in perfect order, this from my new user perspective.

An accident happened to my car in front of Starbucks so let me check the files, and no files anymore in Parking folder, all in Continuous only and noticed the unit started skipping dates and times..of course exactly the accident is not recorded.

For several weeks troubleshooting through email with blackboxmycar and ended up sending them the unit. The F770 got back to me last week also got a new power cable. Still no recordings in Park mode, last nite it was recording all time in a dark black garage (timelaps)...
So today let me swap to the new wire kit, noticing a change, TW swap the cables colors and I just wired back to the car as was marked on yellow/red wires, ACC (to ACC fuse) and B+(to power fuse).
Checking the files are there but all in continuous folder the Parking is empty.

So, my complain is not really that the unit doesn't work but files on pile in wrong folder and of course all those would be overwritten soon beside the fact the SD card is a decent size.

Read through the forum, several similar problems...going now to doublecheck the power and ACC fuses but my guts telling me my case is clear...I will be back with this.

OK I did some quick testing, and something I cannot explain to myself.
First, when my A4 door is open all the power fuses are ON, same with ACC fuses, even if the car goes to sleep after some 10+ minutes (interior lights goes OFF) all the fuses are still On (door open)...Wanted to say no testing or measuring can be done with door open, maybe a professional electric guy just pinpoints the fuse based on experience, but not me, I could not locate a single fuse OFF (at both bays) with doors open and I was sitting on it at least half an hour.
So I did some testing.
Removed both add-a-fuse from both bays (power bay and ACC bay). Ground is still connected. The unit sounds as disconnects.
Add a power B+ add-a-fuse = unit is quiet
Add a ACC add-a-fuse= the unit start talking "continuous recording will now start GPS connected"
either the wires are marked wrong (what color have a B+ and the other color have the ACC sticker on it) or the entire F770 unit is false...

either the wires are marked wrong (what color have a B+ and the other color have the ACC sticker on it) or the entire F770 unit is false...

The ACC wire needs to be connected to switched 12v so the cam knows the car is OFF and the cam can switch to parking mode. It sounds like your ACC fuse is constant 12v.

Add a power B+ add-a-fuse = unit is quiet
Add a ACC add-a-fuse= the unit start talking "continuous recording will now start GPS connected"

F770 gets its power from the constant battery wire but it wont turn on until it gets a 12v signal from the ACC wire.

If you do this test again and then unplug the ACC wire (with the battery wire still connected), you will hear the cam say "parking mode" after about 30 seconds.

Back