F770 - Error: "Insert a memory card - System will now restart" loop with all MicroSD Cards including Thinkware's?

Thanks, Maddog for the reply OK let me try and clear a few things up.

1, Rather than formatting it through the App, just get the camera up & running (continuous recording started, gps connected etc)

Mate for me to hear this message (continuous recording started, GPS connected etc) I have to format throw the App

don't I?? OK so your saying don't go throw the CPS ?? try press & hold the Format button on the camera that should reset the timer for that message.

2, if this doesn't work I have had a couple that seems to have corrupted the file that tells the camera this

Maddog I think you may have a point there, so I will try the following ASAP > remove the memory card & go into the settings as you suggested

and try manually editing the file, hopefully, throw notepad on my PC.

3, As for your camera not recording in parking mode is that due to low battery voltage? I would check the last recorded file and see what the battery voltage is showing in the recording.

I might have mislead-ed you there a bit mate, after formatting the card, I wait for the message telling me this has been accomplished, returning to my car the next morning I am shocked to see, the strobing dash cam light *front & the rear blue light* are not lite up ?? but as soon as I start the car engine lol same old message ("Regularly format the memory card for data integrity " )

so really the battery voltage is fine.

I used to get the same message ("Regularly format the memory card for data integrity") and mine turned out to be the SD card. I was using a Sandisk, which worked fine for a while before coming up with the message.
I went back to using the genuine card and set the format date to 20190101 and haven't heard a peep ever since.

When you turn off the vehicle and wait for around 30 seconds do you hear the camera saying it's going into parking mode? Or does the front leds row & rear blue led stay on straight after you have parked? (More the rear LED as the front one may be disabled in the settings) I'm trying to understand if it is going into parking mode and then shutting down shortly after (probably due to the battery voltage setting for parking mode) or if it's not going into parking mode at all?

Thanks, maddog for your support.

1, When you turn off the vehicle and wait for around 30 seconds do you hear the camera saying it's going into parking mode?

Occasionally, mate, I hear that message. | Or does the front leds row & rear blue led stay on straight after you have parked?
Again I usually check to see if the rear camera is active & yes most time I see the blue light.

2, I'm trying to understand if it is going into parking mode and then shutting down shortly after (probably due to the battery voltage setting for parking mode) or if it's not going into parking mode at all?

Your points might be the answer here maddog!! because the user guide writing is so tiny admittedly I have to say I find it hard to follow, so I tend to do any settings to it on my pc, I have come across the voltage setting
but with the parking motion & the voltage setting, I am very unsure which are the correct settings buddy.

Is there any youtube videos step by step guide out there Maddog ???

The front led's are optional in parking mode as there is a setting for them, the blue rear led will always be on if the camera is running though as you can't disable that one. I usually recommend 12v exactly as the shut down voltage and no one has ever moaned at me that they have a flat battery! I'm not aware if there are any videos on it to be honest although i doubt it. It's good you sometimes hear the Parking Mode message so we know it's wired correctly, you may not hear it sometimes as your probably out of the car usually before the 30 seconds is up.

I have to re-check the settings, I do recall seeing some settings for the voltage Maddog!! so you are saying setting to 12v exactly ?? is better.

12v doesn't seem to cause any issues and usually gets a sensible amount of parking time recording before shutting down. Can't say how long you will get as there are too many contributing factors.

P.S. Just check the Parking mode timer too just in case this is set at 1hr or something. Usually set this to the max of 48hrs that way it's just the battery setting that will shut the camera down.

Last edited:
Unfortunately maddog before coming back here to check on your reply, only today I went into the dash cam settings and set from 12v to 24v
it looks like I need to go back and adjust it back to 12v, I need to keep experimenting until I eliminate some of the ongoing issues with this dash cam.

P.S. Just check the Parking mode timer too just in case this is set at 1hr or something. Usually set this to the max of 48hrs that way it's just the battery setting that will shut the camera down.

The above I will check again also.

Really sorry to the original person who opened this post for crashing it... (y)

You are doing everyone a favour, it will probably help someone else get out of trouble. (y)

Unfortunately maddog before coming back here to check on your reply, only today I went into the dash cam settings and set from 12v to 24v
it looks like I need to go back and adjust it back to 12v, I need to keep experimenting until I eliminate some of the ongoing issues with this dash cam.

The 24v setting will have no effect if the camera is fitted in a 12v vehicle, just ignore the 24v one.

I can't get my damn Thinkware F770 to stop saying the please format memory card. The unit stopped recording last week and has been telling me to format my memory card (and I hit the format button) but it keeps repeatedly saying to format. I've tried like 4 different batches of the green cards from Amazon ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/B06XWZWYVP ) but these ones say to insert a memory card. Why does the F770 have so many problems? My F800 Pro has zero problems.

My F770 will not use any of the Samsung U3 cards at all. The 64gb U1 evo select cards work with the older .03 firmware, but good luck trying to find any of those. Right now I am using the SanDisk A1 cards in it. I also found I have better luck formatting the cards using a computer to fat32 rather than using the dash cam.

Recently bought a new SD Card, was getting the same error. However, after clicking on the format button, it resynced and worked fine.

Back