F770 has no power after firemware update-Do Not Update your firmware until Thinkware fixes this problem.

Andrea1609

Reaction score
Country
United States
I removed SD card to view videos. Thinkware software updated the firmware on the SD Card. I put the SD card into the F770 and it gave me the message that it was updating the firmware. Once this happened, I had no power to the dash cam again. I contacted Thinkware customer service in the United States. The representative told me that I was the fourth person to call in with this problem. I was able to return the Dash Cam since it was under warranty. I'm still waiting for the replacement. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE.

OP
A

Andrea1609

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have received a replacement F770. You can contact customer service to find out if the updates have been fixed. 844-865-9273

Blanco954

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can someone confirm this?
I can confirm that performing TW firmware update can brick your device where unit will not power up. This happened to my unit. I followed the process and FW Update failed now my unit won't power up. Not sure what caused update to fail, there was constant power I upgraded my SD card to a 64GB sandisk that was working fine videos were being recorded etc... there seem to be a bug with FW posted by TW that cause this issue for some of us. Only TW knows what's up and they are being hush hush about it.

fred4405

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really wish I would have seen this prior to doing my upgrade, I now have a brick, and am guessing that I will not get any assistance since I am out of warranty.