F770 has no power after firemware update-Do Not Update your firmware until Thinkware fixes this problem.

Andrea1609

Reaction score
Country
United States
I removed SD card to view videos. Thinkware software updated the firmware on the SD Card. I put the SD card into the F770 and it gave me the message that it was updating the firmware. Once this happened, I had no power to the dash cam again. I contacted Thinkware customer service in the United States. The representative told me that I was the fourth person to call in with this problem. I was able to return the Dash Cam since it was under warranty. I'm still waiting for the replacement. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE.

I have received a replacement F770. You can contact customer service to find out if the updates have been fixed. 844-865-9273

Can someone confirm this?

I can confirm that performing TW firmware update can brick your device where unit will not power up. This happened to my unit. I followed the process and FW Update failed now my unit won't power up. Not sure what caused update to fail, there was constant power I upgraded my SD card to a 64GB sandisk that was working fine videos were being recorded etc... there seem to be a bug with FW posted by TW that cause this issue for some of us. Only TW knows what's up and they are being hush hush about it.

I really wish I would have seen this prior to doing my upgrade, I now have a brick, and am guessing that I will not get any assistance since I am out of warranty.

Back