F770 Just Stopped Working

Oilburner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
Trancend Drive Pro 220 & Thinkware F770 Dual
I replaced the internal 3 volt F770 battery at the start of October whilst I initially had problems with one of the trace tracks detaching, I got round that problem by using a thin piece on covered wire soldered directly to one of the pads, the unit was reassembled and put back into operation, and has been working perfectly for two months until this morning when starting the vehicle I noticed the F770 did not switch on automatically, I pressed the power switch but the camera remained totally dead, I then checked the Cellink battery B it was fully charged and the output socket on the battery was showing 14+volts, then checked the voltage on the cable inputs to the camera ignition and permanent live were both showing 14+ volts with engine running, I then thought the problem must be within the camera so dismantled the camera carefully to check for any obvious faults especially the replaced 3 volt battery all soldered connections were found good, the battery was showing 2.84 volts which was the same when initially installed, I cannot see any obvious faults internally on the camera so was reassembled and put back into the vehicle, I also tried using the reset button but the camera remained dead, I'm reluctant to purchase a replacement front camera when the dual system is only two and half years old, and it appears not to have very reliable service life to date, it would be appreciated if anyone has any ideas regarding a fix for the dead camera or test I have not carried out thanks.

I don't have any magical powers but i'm happy to have a look at the unit if you want to send it in to us. Very limited repairs available but we can try a full reflash with the special cable. I will message you a link to fill out your info if you want to send it in.

Thanks for the offer just out of interest is it possible for the camera to be working perfectly on returning home. then the next morning to be completely dead, you will see that I did have trouble with the internal battery a couple of months ago.

But since then it has been working perfectly, if I was to replace just the camera alone as I have already proved that the cellink battery B and the camera connection wiring is good any idea of the cost and would the replacement camera still have two year warranty, I assumed reflash was something carried out if a firmware updated had failed and crashed the system but this was not the case in my situation, what would the cost of re -flashing old camera bearing in mind my existing camera has been altered due to the trace connection detached, and I used a multimeter to find an alternative solder point and as I previously stated this worked perfectly for just over two months.

Usually if the camera works one journey and not the next it's down to wiring issues. You are correct about the reflash it's generally used if an update has failed but it has been known to fix the odd other fault too. Has the vehicle been into a garage for any work lately or had a new windscreen fitted? Several times now garages have disconnected power to the camera and reconnected them poorly or to the wrong fuse. (not sure why they disconnect it at that end!)

I won't charge for testing the camera and attempting to get it going. If there was a charge for anything i would contact you first, you just need to pay the postage to us.

Thank you for your quick response considering the cost of a replacement camera I will post the F770 front camera to you for checking, and hopefully I may be lucky its not terminal especially as it worked for two months after the 3 volt battery was installed, and yes as you stated the camera worked perfectly coming home the previous day yet next morning camera was totally dead, the car had not been in any garage prior to this apart from being in for MOT in June and I personally disconnected the feed from the cellink battery, as the technicians don't like any dash camera being on whilst they carry out a MOT test, and after the test I reconnected the cellink battery feed back up and it worked perfectly.

The F770 dual camera system was purchased on 21st April 2017 and has a label with production date of Mar 2017, apart from initial problem with the grounding on the cellink battery not being tight enough which was put right, then just over two years later the problem with the internal battery which caused a message saying format card for data integrity every time the camera started, but since replacing the 3 volt battery it had worked perfectly with no more error messages until now.

Back