F770 max recording time

InfiniteImp

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm considering an F770 but can't find any consistent reports as to the max recording time. With the included 32gb card, what kind of recording time can I expect? If I move up to a 128gb card, how many hours of recording will it hold? If I'm only running the front camera, will that time double? I saw one good YouTube review of the cam and it mentioned 8 hours. Can anyone confirm?

Thanks.

With a 16gb card approx 2hrs of continuous recording until overwriting
With a 32gb card approx 4hrs of continuous recording until overwriting
With a 64gb card approx 8hrs of continuous recording until overwriting

128gb officially not supported but a few cards do seem to work but the camera is fussy!

Half all of the above if you have a 2 Channel version. The above is just the continuous driving where no events have happened there is still spare space for parking mode / incidents etc

With a 16gb card approx 2hrs of continuous recording until overwriting
With a 32gb card approx 4hrs of continuous recording until overwriting

128gb officially not supported but a few cards do seem to work but the camera is fussy!

Half all of the above if you have a 2 Channel version. The above is just the continuous driving where no events have happened there is still spare space for parking mode / incidents etc

Appreciate the response, thanks.

Is this only considering one channel? I have a 200GB card and it seems to be able to record approx 9 hrs of front+rear.

Is this only considering one channel? I have a 200GB card and it seems to be able to record approx 9 hrs of front+rear.

No for 64gb 2 channel would be approx 4hrs of continuous recording. You may find although you have a 200gb card that it's only using 128gb of it. What seemed to happen for someone i know is it would fill the card of video correctly to start with but when it over writes it was only overwriting the last 128gb of the card. The first 72gb (ish) of the card just stayed with old footage. Never actually tried myself though......

Hi mate, just wondering what sort of card you are using for your F770. I cant seem to get any card work on this cam, every time it comes up with memory card error.

With a 64Gb card and 2 channel set up how long would parking mode (time lapse recording) record for?
If it has enough space for say 12 hours of time lapse recording, what happens when it's got to the 12 hours? Does it over write or stop recording?
Thanks.

64gb 2ch set up with partition set to 'C' should give about 41hrs of time lapse recording then it will start to overwrite.

64gb 2ch set up with partition set to 'C' should give about 41hrs of time lapse recording then it will start to overwrite.

Just in the last hour I have become interested in this dual camera.

You mention partition C which is standard on a PC or whatever but I need a simplistic explanation to get 41 hours of time.

time lapse mode, will be taking a photo once per second

Thanks and what program would you recommend to grab a screen shot ?............ I have been using VideoRedo for years.

I generally just use VLC, go frame by frame to whatever point you want and take a snapshot

I have VLC installed but not used for ages so I will have another look for updates.

I get the impression that most dashcam footage regardless of the video container/folder is readable somehow and some better than others............ Is that a fair description ?

Edumacate me anytime ;)

I get the impression that most dashcam footage regardless of the video container/folder is readable somehow and some better than others............ Is that a fair description ?

not sure I really understand your question, all can be viewed, some better than others???

not sure I really understand your question, all can be viewed, some better than others???

Yeah........ A decent video capable program is what Im gassing on about and now remember I have a couple not used for ages.....

any decent camera will be making H.264 files, generally just MP4 or MOV container which any reasonable viewer like VLC, MPC-HC etc can handle no problem, for cameras that use MJPEG you wouldn't want the camera anyway so I wouldn't really be concerned about those, some Korean cameras use AVI format which has less handling options but they would normally include some type of viewer so no issue really, there's some other odd formats out there being used but again generally in the low end stuff and not the type of camera you're likely to be wanting anyway

Just in the last hour I have become interested in this dual camera.

You mention partition C which is standard on a PC or whatever but I need a simplistic explanation to get 41 hours of time.

Partition C is part of the Thinkware Dashcam Viewer PC Program or Phone App. Just 3 preset settings for the different size partitions of the memory card that allocate space to Continuous driving, Parking mode etc. So changing it is as easy as opening the camera settings on PC or phone and selecting C as the option. (That gives the most parking recording)

So if i want just a couple of hours per day continuous and then parking mode for around 10 hours daily a 64gb car will be enough? It won't start to overwrite during the day?

So if i want just a couple of hours per day continuous and then parking mode for around 10 hours daily a 64gb car will be enough? It won't start to overwrite during the day?

Yeah that should do you fine. About 4hrs continuous recording (for a 2 camera system) and approx 41 Hrs of parking mode (running time lapse and partition C setting)

Yeah that should do you fine. About 4hrs continuous recording (for a 2 camera system) and approx 41 Hrs of parking mode (running time lapse and partition C setting)

Thank, whats the lead time for fitting with your company at the moment (If I buy F770 front and rear and Ivolt battery from you). Thanks

Back