F770 Parking mode override

cherrycokezero

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a F770 using it strictly for continuous recording right now but will be hardwiring it for parking mode features.

I park my car in a closed garage at home so I don't need parking mode while at home but do need it when i'm parked elsewhere. Is there a easy way to achieve this? Does the power button on the unit let me turn off parking mode? Will it automatically turn back on when i start ignition for continuous recording?

Couldn't find a direct answer in their manual about the reboot.
But if you use the power button to turn off the camera (by holding it for 3 seconds) I don't believe it will turn on and go into parking mode.
Finding out if it turns on when you power up your car, when you've manually powered down, should be easy enough to find out. Let us know if that works.

Another option might be using a timer to shut off your camera during parking mode but I suspect you'd run into problems with the camera being off when you are out.
Have to be more aware of the settings this way.

I always shut mine down whilst parked up at home.
As soon as I switch off the ignition, I press the ON/OFF button, it makes 2 beeps, I count to 5 and let go, it beeps once and plays a little music file.
That's it until you switch the ignition on again.

Same here, I always turn mine off when I get home. It restarts in the morning and I leave it in parking mode whilst at work or out and about.

Back