F770: please format your memory card for data integrity

I can confirm that it's not a glitch as it's happening again. I've tried as before format in the device and also via the app. The unit asks me to format even though I've followed the steps.

I can confirm that it's not a glitch as it's happening again. I've tried as before format in the device and also via the app. The unit asks me to format even though I've followed the steps.

Could you try updating the firmware of the camera again please. I THINK they re-update if you put the same firmware that's on the camera back on the card. Just in case something went a bit squiffy when it did the last one.

Yup this issue has now gone away. I've confirmed two prompts and formats that have worked as expected. Thanks and hope Maddog'S advice helps someone.

in general my F750 (rear) & F770 (front) play the message at the same time (ie every few weeks), after which i format.

however, my F770 now sometimes randomly (2-3 times per week) gives me the format message.

i'm thinking it has to do with the heat, though can't figure out why exactly…?

Assuming you are getting a good GPS signal, you may find the small internal rechargeable battery is failing. The normal clue for this is when it does that message next download that video (or do a Live View) and look at the time & date. If the date is miles wrong then the battery is on it's way out.

Yup that’s it..

My 750 also had a dead battery a while back (which I found out because of the wrong dates not because of the format message)

This is pretty ****ty design/ engineering I must say, as it’s not easy to change these batteries.

Yup that’s it..

My 750 also had a dead battery a while back (which I found out because of the wrong dates not because of the format message)

This is pretty ****ty design/ engineering I must say, as it’s not easy to change these batteries.
I have the same issue described by OP. I have determined the rechargeable battery needs to be replaced. My unit is out of warranty. Is this a repair I can tackle on my own? I am very handy, don't have board level skills but willing to take a shot at it if its something that can be a DIY to help resurrect this unit.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Back