F770/Q800/U1000

Koolvin

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m glad the (FRONT) hardwired power cable is the same since the F770 - what is the difference on the (REAR) view camera CABLE between the 770, 800 and 1000 ?

Last edited:
Wider angle and the u1000 also has a higher res

Yup- it’s the actual rear CABLE I was interested in, I’ve edited my original post to make my question more clear

Try aye why I thought but if you go on Chameleon website they list separate prices and part numbers

Try aye why I thought but if you go on Chameleon website they list separate prices and part numbers

Youre right, ok well physically they look the same, micro usb , same angle etc and i cannot imagine them being any different because its just wire and a connector. Maybe its length as the f770 cable is MASSIVE compared to the Q800/ u1000

It would be good if Maddog could shed some light into this. The reason I’m asking is because on my current car I removed the headlining to fit the camera (due to the car having curtain airbags) so upgrading the cameras and leaving the cabling in place is a massive benefit and incentive.

Yeah would be good,I am using same cable for 770 and q800 pro.the u1000 I installed fresh in another car but cable appears fine

OT : the U1000 is the only camera that is ambiguous for LHD/RHD - the F770 although excellent was designed for LHD cars- when you mount the unit centrally the camera to the left and speaker also... the U1000 seems much easier to hit the record button out on its own. I’d love to install the U1000 in my wife’s car but cannot justify the cost, I’m planning on wiring her car with thinkware front and rear harness and then possibly in the future upgrade the camera from f770 as the 770 is still very reasonable prices and I’ve had no problems with mine in 3 years after the first one was sent back with a rattle on recordings due to loose buttons.

The main difference is just the angle of the front micro usb connector. F770 cable goes into a U1000 lovely but when plugged into a Q800/F800 the wire points downwards so you have to loop it back up towards the headlining. This is fine if you have a little slack at the front and don't mind it looping.

For example - 20190911_123204.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
egonvdv U1000 13
Back